FREE --> Total War: TROY (August 13 only!)

Started by steve58, July 31, 2020, 09:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Gus posted about this a while back in the Epic thread.  Since we're about to jump into August, just putting this up in a separate thread for a reminder.

On August 13, TROY will be FREE to claim on the Epic Games Store for 24 hours! Register for Total War Access and subscribe to our newsletter as we count down to release!

A new Total War Saga game: TROY is the first entry in the award-winning series to focus on the legendary 20-year conflict between the kingdoms of Troy and Mycenaean Greece, now known as the Trojan War, set against the striking backdrop of the Bronze Age Mediterranean.

Combining Total War's unique blend of grand, turn-based empire management and spectacular real-time battles, TROY explores this epic conflict from both the Greek and Trojan perspectives – peeling back the layers of myth and legend to reveal the realities that may have inspired them.

Play as one of eight famed Heroes, and fight to conquer or protect the legendary kingdom of Troy.

https://www.totalwar.com/games/troy/?mc_cid=ec77d2da50&mc_eid=7b66aeff0c
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Philippe

Keeping track of the different delivery platforms I already have is complicated enough.  I'm not sure I can take on another one, even if it means passing on a free game that I'll probably end up buying elsewhere when I can find it on sale.  Epic's offers are tempting, but not enough to make me pull the trigger.  If they were giving away Steam keys that would be another story.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Gusington

This is the first Epic deal that really has me torn.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Absolutely will be adding to my EPIC library. no worries there......however, based on the last few Total War releases, haven't played them much, this probably ends the same way...

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Gusington on July 31, 2020, 10:35:52 AM
This is the first Epic deal that really has me torn.

Not me, I can be bribed for the price of a new game...
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

steve58

I've been picking up most of their freebies, but earlier this week finally sold my soul (again) and picked up Industries of Titan for a $20 (using the $10 coupon).  Was really trying to not spend $$ on Epic.  Have been hesitant to tie any games to Epic since was not sure about their mod support, but came across a roadmap that showed they would be adding it.  And now today I see Epic is beta testing mod support on MW5.

https://www.vg247.com/2020/07/31/epic-games-store-mod-support-mechwarrior-5/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Rayfer

Quote from: Philippe on July 31, 2020, 10:33:26 AM
Keeping track of the different delivery platforms I already have is complicated enough.  I'm not sure I can take on another one, even if it means passing on a free game that I'll probably end up buying elsewhere when I can find it on sale.  Epic's offers are tempting, but not enough to make me pull the trigger.  If they were giving away Steam keys that would be another story.

+1 Amen Brother.  :bd: