Sea Power: Naval Combat in the Missile Age

Started by Jarhead0331, December 18, 2019, 03:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

-- followed closely by the realization that you will almost certainly forget you already have it during this weekend because you're busy playing or preparing to play some other flashy and/or classic thing, but at least you appreciated the devs by buying it at some time in the past even if you never play it although you want to...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tripoli

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 31, 2020, 03:18:21 PM
-- followed closely by the realization that you will almost certainly forget you already have it during this weekend because you're busy playing or preparing to play some other flashy and/or classic thing, but at least you appreciated the devs by buying it at some time in the past even if you never play it although you want to...

Damn, that's scary.  How do you know all that about me? :)
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Xaron

Happy Easter! This time we want to show you some of the aircraft from our upcoming game Sea Power.

The RA-5C Vigilante plays a central role as the all-weather, long-range eyes of the fleet in your inventory, with a reconaissance system analogous to that of the SR-71 Blackbird.

Fleet defense duties are handled by the F-14 Tomcat, with its powerful AWG-9 radar and AIM-54 Phoenix missiles, capable of engaging up to six targets simultaneously, and intended to counter the Soviet cruise missile threat you are likely to encounter in the game.

We've also added the Kitty Hawk class of supercarriers to give these planes something to operate from while our Nimitz model is in drydock for a little overhaul. And for those of you comrades who are into surface raiding and fire support, here's a Sverdlov cruiser somewhere in a Norwegian fjord.

Apart from that we totally revorked environment lighting and clouds system.

Jarhead0331

This game can't get here soon enough...

When!?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mbar

That is some cold war sea power pr0n right there!  :dreamer:

Gusington

I feel the need...the need for SEA POWER!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

Seapower was the name of a miniatures ruleset for surface combat published by Alnavco, the naval miniature maker. I played a lot of that as a kid in the 1960s and early 70s.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

hellfish6

Ohhh I needed that. It's beautiful. Looks like an SA-2 launch... is that flat brown muck representing the Kola peninsula? I have so many more questions, but I'll wait till you guys start releasing some gameplay details.

Toonces

Man alive, between this and Task Force Admiral...wow, what a fantastic time to be alive. 

I'm throwing my money at the screen. 

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

SirAndrewD

Looks awful...

ly AWESOME!   

My body is ready and my loins as as moist as the seas.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

al_infierno

Only just now reading about this, but are there any details about the scale/scope of the game?  Is it like the old Fleet Command games or more of a straight-forward flight/naval sim?
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Julhelm

You could think of it as a Fleet Command-type idea built around a dynamic campaign concept.

hellfish6