Main Menu

Just like Friday!

Started by Anguille, August 29, 2019, 11:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Saw the Cure live this summer for the first time. Finally. Love them since 1985. Merry friday fellows...

On my list for this weekend:

- Oriental Empires with 3 Kingdoms dlc
- Dawn of Andromeda
- Interstellar Space Genesis
- Pax Nova
it just got a big update.

I wanted to use this video in the beginning but didn't know how to use the title for a friday thread!

FlickJax

looks like no-one is playing this weekend :)

Having a quiet one so will hopefully get some game time in here, just not sure what i will play :)

Jarhead0331

Ive packed up 2 of my three gaming rigs and all of my VR and flight hardware, so this will severely limit my options. The third and final rig will be packed next week in preparation for the big renovation project, which is scheduled to last for about 6 weeks. There will mostly be console gaming during that time, if any.

This weekend, I'll be playing Maximum Action...it's just fricken awesome...Ground Branch and the supporter version of the Ready or Not alpha, which has tremendous potential! Can't really talk about it as there is a very strict NDA. Maybe try out pax nova again with the new update and dabble in Fantasy General 2. Gee...not bad for limited gaming, huh?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

New wave, like The Cure and The Smiths, and punk ruled the 80's for me.  Smiling and color were forbidden ...

And you can go darker :

(2nd song reminds me of the Eurovision Song Contest and in this case that is not a good sign  ;))

Grabbed some Graviteam DLC at 50% on Steam and will try them out.

Jarhead0331

How was the Cure show, Anguille? Did they do any songs from Disintegration? One of my all time favorite albums. They're on my bucket list to see, but I've found that the bands of my youth are disappointing live now, as they have either slowed down too much in their old age and just can't perform as they used to, or they aren't doing drugs like they used to and as such are not as compelling to watch and listen to. Janes Addiction, B52s and Erasure have all disappointed, although they did all sound good still.

I really wish the Talking Heads would get back together!!!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 30, 2019, 06:52:02 AM
How was the Cure show, Anguille? Did they do any songs from Disintegration? One of my all time favorite albums. They're on my bucket list to see, but I've found that the bands of my youth are disappointing live now, as they have either slowed down too much in their old age and just can't perform as they used to, or they aren't doing drugs like they used to and as such are not as compelling to watch and listen to. Janes Addiction, B52s and Erasure have all disappointed, although they did all sound good still.

I really wish the Talking Heads would get back together!!!
They were great. They played in Paleo, one of the great open air festivals here in Switzerland. It wasn't part of the Disintegration tour but they did play some songs of it. They also played one of my favourites which i didn't expect: burn from the movie the crow.

MengJiao

Quote from: FlickJax on August 30, 2019, 06:36:30 AM
looks like no-one is playing this weekend :)

Having a quiet one so will hopefully get some game time in here, just not sure what i will play :)

I have the new machine running so ARMA3 and maybe some Steel Division II.

nelmsm

Off today so was hoping to have the whole day to play but now I have been volunteered to get the wires far inspected and renew the registration. Should still have time to get POEM's done and some JTS splattering done. Off to Oklahoma tomorrow to see Kansas and 38 Special and do some gambling. Might get to do some more playing Monday as the Wire might have to work

Gusington

The Cure is one of my favorite bands ever, and Disintegration is probably one of my top 5 albums of all time. Nice Anguille! I've only seen them once, though, ten years ago, for their Bloodflowers tour. Hope to see them again one day.

I hope to start a new campaign of Diablo III this weekend, with the Necromancer, who reminds me of Robert Smith but thinner.

Good weekend, all!

Best live Cure performance I have ever seen, of one of my favorite Cure songs, circa 1992:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

KyzBP

Just to contrast later versions of "A Forest" here's the original live version:

Playing various sports sims this weekend.  Trying to get into Wolverine Studios' college football games.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: KyzBP on August 30, 2019, 08:34:48 AM

Playing various sports sims this weekend.  Trying to get into Wolverine Studios' college football games.

Decent game....if you didn't know, right now last version on sale for $9.99 with code of backtoschool

KyzBP

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 30, 2019, 08:42:43 AM
Quote from: KyzBP on August 30, 2019, 08:34:48 AM

Decent game....if you didn't know, right now last version on sale for $9.99 with code of backtoschool

I just happen to have a spare $10 in my budget.  Thanks Grim!

Gusington

Robert Smith is like 7 in that earlier video :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I'll be playing a new version of an old game called, "Oh Shit, There's a Hurricane Coming Right At Me"! It's the only game I've ever played that's more fun when it's over than when you're playing it.  :hide: Have a great Labor Day Grogs.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Barthheart

:hide: Stay safe Slash!!