Main Menu

Slow website

Started by JudgeDredd, February 20, 2018, 08:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Thanks bb. I'll do that.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Arctic Blast

I have been forced to actually use Edge to use this site. EDGE! The indignity of it all!

mirth

Quote from: Arctic Blast on February 22, 2018, 03:46:03 PM
I have been forced to actually use Edge to use this site. EDGE! The indignity of it all!

Disgraceful.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

So I've been using IE all day and I didn't have a problem. 

Not 5 minutes ago, I used Chrome to reply the the Consolidate Gun Control thread and it was a nightmare. At one point it took over a minute to display the 6 words I had typed.

I'm currently suspecting Chrome is the issue. I haven't noticed the problem on other sites, though I don't post on many other sites.

And I'm using Chrome currently and noticing the issue again - though not as bad as earlier.
Alba gu' brath

trailrunner

I'm using Safari on a Mac, and it seems to be working just fine.

mirth

I'll bet it's that Chrome update that just came down this week.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

JudgeDredd

I don't recall noticing it more than a week ago
Alba gu' brath

mirth

Yeah. Google just rolled out a crappy built in ad-filter for Chrome. I'm guessing that it's having a bunch of unintended consequences.

jomni

Gusington

Just happened to me for the first time while using Chrome on my gaming PC  :-[

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

so the consensus appears to be:  "Screw Chrome and the horse it rode in on"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

I already said that about Firefox! Options getting...slimmer.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on February 24, 2018, 10:21:51 AM
I already said that about Firefox! Options getting...slimmer.

I'm using Firefox without any issues.

Gusington

I switched from Firefox to Chrome years ago over issues I can't even remember.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

For awhile, Firefox had big problems with memory leaks. It's much better now than a couple years ago.

I use Chrome and Firefox together at work (two screens with each running on one). I only use Firefox at home.