We are the FRIDAY crew

Started by Pete Dero, October 21, 2022, 03:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

First try at War on the Sea and continuing trying Terra Invicta.

Have a great weekend.

Gusington

More Iratus: Lord of the Dead, Age of Darkness and V Rising. Also resurrected Vampyre and Ancestors Legacy with a 1212AD (mod for Attila Total War) campaign as Wallachia waiting patiently in the wings.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on October 21, 2022, 03:52:08 PM
More Iratus: Lord of the Dead, Age of Darkness and V Rising. Also resurrected Vampyre and Ancestors Legacy with a 1212AD (mod for Attila Total War) campaign as Wallachia waiting patiently in the wings.

Naval Action and boardgames!

jamus34

Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

Call of Doody Modern Warfare II, Beta testing Rule the Waves 3, maybe some Cyberpunk 2077. Started a new character with a giant schlong.

Enjoy.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^'Doody' and 'schlong' are not your usual posting vernacular. Your account been hacked??

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

Still trying to save the world in Terra Invicta.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

solops

Shadow Empires with new beta patch 12b! And starting a week of hog hunting on Sunday.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

CJReich46

Motörhead!!  \m/

So, whilst I have today off. I am in the midst of banging my head against the wall in Divine Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition - trying to figure out how to win the boss fight near Cyseal (beginning)  :tickedoff:  So I thought about working on other quests and that helped my party level up and with improved gear I think our chances are better.

In addition to that it work tomorrow and Sunday but it's not too bad. Best part is next Friday and Saturday I am OFF.   ^-^
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Destraex

- Space Hulk Deathwing Enhanced. If my eyes can handle it. I turned up the brightness, edited a config file so headbob is zero among other things. It's such a good game in comparison to Darktide imho.

- Stronghold Warlord. A bit saturated by AOEIV and have had stronghold warlords for a while. It's a really solid game and great fun. I am only playing this single player as nobody else has it. I think multiplayer in this one would be fun but perhaps too slow.

- DCS World action has already happened. Went in with a mates clan, was so professional and having to use teamspeak. I was really totally disconnected from the affair, felt like a job. The most I got to say to the clanners was hello and a polite hello back. Jarhead I think you would really enjoy an online experience with DCS, Servers host missions where you have to take the map by capturing airfields. To do this you need to take out ground targets and sams in the area so that your ground forces can move in. As your ground forces move in and capture the base you can then spawn their and land their to rearm\refuel. All the while the SEAD and AG guys need CAP from fighters in order to stop the constant waves of AI fighters from intercepting them. You get about 40 humans on the blue side and can fly any aircraft or loadout you want. There are carriers off the coast as well if you prefer to take off in them and ships to shoot. I should also mention that you accumulate points for killing aircraft, SAM sites etc and can use them to call in B1B or other forms of friendly AI attack.

- Been invited to a ww2 il2 tank event. If I have time I might show.
- Naval Action - would be nice to shoot some stuff in a yacht for a bit of fun and to see how the community is travelling. It's hard to believe that this game has been in development sea trials, early access and then release for 8yrs or so. So many of the games we followed along the first waves of early access\kickstarters have lasted the test of time and come out as things that would probably not have happened otherwise.

Star Citizen - Perhaps. Some mates are itching to get into it after citizen con and I missed a message last night from one asking me to load it.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Phantom

Some Action PC Football & Distant Plain

al_infierno

I reinstalled Red Dead Redemption 2 so I'll probably mod that up and play through singleplayer again since the multiplayer component is an empty nightmare.  Yeehaw pardners!   :cowboy:

EDIT - Never mind.  It seems the game decided to stop launching on my PC with no error given, despite being a fresh modless install.  Go F- yourself, Rockstar Launcher.  Might as well just dig out my X-Box 360 and play the original again.   :pullhair:

Great song choice, btw!

EDIT 2 - Currently yee-hawing on Red Dead Redemption 2010 style and I couldn't be happier.   O0

Also, for any film nerds in the thread, I inherited some stuff earlier this year including a couple framed Bogie pictures.  I've got a real wall of cinematic icons going!  Just gotta add some ladies now ;) Janet Leigh in Psycho would go great with the Bogies!

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

solops

The Shadow Empire new graphics mod 3.1 is beautiful. It makes me want to drive my reinforced tank battalion back and forth across a river. Along with patch 1.12b I am just giddy. Just giddy I tell you.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin