Author Topic: Diablo II - Resurrected  (Read 402 times)

Offline CJReich46

• Viking
  • His Mind Is NOT for Rent
Diablo II - Resurrected
« on: February 19, 2021, 05:34:06 PM »
Stay a while...and listen. >:D

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all.Ē  - James Graham 1st Marquess of Montrose

Online al_infierno

• Man-at-Arms
  • Giudecca in the hell of unknowing
Re: Diablo II - Resurrected
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 06:05:18 PM »
Everyone download the old version of Diablo II before they take it offline forever.
It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Offline smittyohio

• Viking
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 06:09:44 PM »
Everyone download the old version of Diablo II before they take it offline forever.

I tried getting back into D2 some months back, but it was just not happening even with the nostalgia factor.  While D3 had a (deservedly) rough start, it blossomed into a really run game that I still binge on from time to time.

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 07:41:15 PM »
I canít believe itís really been that long since the release of D2. I canít help but be interested in this. I love D3 too. Just big stupid fun.
"I'm not even dead and I'm rolling over in my grave."

- Toonces

Offline Destraex

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2021, 08:45:13 PM »
Consult your doctor to see if your clicking finger will survive!  :D
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Online al_infierno

• Man-at-Arms
It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Offline CJReich46

• Viking
  • His Mind Is NOT for Rent
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all.Ē  - James Graham 1st Marquess of Montrose

Online al_infierno

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2021, 05:36:01 PM »
^ Great link.  I love how each point has a lengthy paragraph explaining it, but then you get this brief and to-the-point "f#&! off, nerds" bit at the bottom.   :DD

Ladder is still called ladder: "We don't call it seasons," Gallerani said.

- MengJiao

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2021, 08:45:08 PM »
Interesting. They're keeping the classic code (with tighter security) and using that the run the newfangled 3D engine and sounds, in order to ensure fidelity (a blocky puppeteer and a lifelike puppet), although it looks like they'll have to make some tweaks to area effects to account for modern screen rectangularities.

I can see some people trying to play the original graphics (swappable on the fly) in 4:3 resolutions and complaining that the hitboxes and area effects are slightly off now...  ::)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.