Flashpoint campaigns - Southern Storm (new WW3 game!)

Started by The_Admiral, January 05, 2020, 09:19:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

I did beta testing once and I've found I'm just not very good at it.   :-\
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

CaptainKoloth

Quote from: Toonces on November 02, 2021, 12:12:51 PM
I did beta testing once and I've found I'm just not very good at it.   :-\

Your beta testing is in beta

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

I am excited about this one. I really loved the unique dynamic play sequence of the original. It mixed the best of computer gaming's CPU capabilities and the feel of traditional hex and counter board gaming. Brilliant IMHO.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

MOS:96B2P

Flashpoint Southern Storm has a lot of potential.  looking forward to this one.   :)

Flashpoint Southern Storm is reported (from a reveal video) to have actual engineer units on the map (not abstracted).  This should make for some interesting scenarios.  Identifying the probable OPFOR main effort, in part, by spotting the OPFOR engineer units.  Then attempting to destroy the OPFOR engineer units before they can bridge the river or breach an obstacle belt, etc.     

Information will reportedly be organized as in RL from the various staff officers,S1, S2, S3 etc.       

Also four more nationalities; East Germans, Canadians, French and Czechoslovakia.  Each with their own campaign.   

fabius

Matrix pages have posted for next wave of beta testers
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10149&t=384081

QuoteHi everyone,

We're adding in another beta wave to our Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm test team. If you are interested and have time to help the team test FPSS and bring it to release later this year, please apply here:

https://www.matrixgames.com/beta/flashp ... hern-storm

Regards,

- Erik

ArizonaTank

Seems like it is getting closer. Damn Matrix. Always finding new ways to take my money. Not to mention I don't even have time to play the games I have...
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: ArizonaTank on October 16, 2022, 12:41:05 AM
Seems like it is getting closer. Damn Matrix. Always finding new ways to take my money. Not to mention I don't even have time to play the games I have...

Is there a release date or estimate? 

solops

Quote from: ArizonaTank on November 03, 2021, 09:43:11 AM
I am excited about this one. I really loved the unique dynamic play sequence of the original. It mixed the best of computer gaming's CPU capabilities and the feel of traditional hex and counter board gaming. Brilliant IMHO.
+1
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

nelmsm

I'm a playtester on this one and you guys are going to love it!

Con

Just curious has there been any talk of incorporating how the present day Russian kit and personnel have performed into the 1980s scenarios?

Honestly I suspect not since I think at this point it would be a NATO walkover if you nerfed the Soviets to their now historically abysmal performance.
Con

Looking forward to this.  The command delays and attention to detail that goes into these games have always made them very interesting.  This new version, Southern Storm, will have on map engineer units.  This will make the game even more realistic.  I wish they would build a map of the NTC for the game.  I know some players have tried with the older version of the game but it would be very useful to have a NTC map created/supported by the developer.  Cool stuff.     

Uberhaus

So when will grogheads host a high score contest like the "real" wargamer.com did for Flashpoint Campaigns?  so that I can beat Comrade P this time. 

WildCatNL

Quote from: MOS:96B2P on October 16, 2022, 11:25:04 AM
Looking forward to this.  The command delays and attention to detail that goes into these games have always made them very interesting.  This new version, Southern Storm, will have on map engineer units.  This will make the game even more realistic.  I wish they would build a map of the NTC for the game.  I know some players have tried with the older version of the game but it would be very useful to have a NTC map created/supported by the developer.  Cool stuff.     

We have an NTC map (1980's Central Corridor) ready, as a demo map for scenario creation. It might ship with the game.

William

YES!!!   ;D    :D    A NTC map would be very useful.  Many, many real world scenarios that are well documented that can be turned into scenarios in the game.