Main Menu

To Sol a FRIDAY!

Started by al_infierno, February 19, 2021, 01:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelmsm

Well I'm just hoping to find and patch until the real plumber can fix it right

Father Ted

Quote from: SlagDog on February 19, 2021, 11:02:22 AM

I was going to also try to delve into the Combat Mission WWII series for the first time ever. 

Excellent!

Sir Slash

YES! Impressions Slapdog, please. Everybody's got some good CM War Stories to tell.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Where the hell did SlagDog go? We need answers dammit.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

matt3916

Myrmidon -- How about a short (or long) review of the Imperator Rome update and DLC when you have a chance. 

I'm somewhat interested in the title and I value the opinions of the posters here more than those of Steam reviewers.

al_infierno

If he's dipping his toes into the CM WW2 series for the first time, we might not see him til next week's thread.   :hide:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

I have also become interested in Imperator lately - it's been on sale @ Fanatics and Green Man this week.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

I started up a playthrough of Mafia II for the first time with a few mods -- namely the restored radio mod, better gun sounds, and historically accurate billboard ads and car names.  Never did play this when it came out but it's very strong GTA style game with a nicely classic Goodfellas/Godfather style story and characters.  Looking forward to seeing the timeshift between 1940s and 1950s and how it affects the world, music, cars, etc.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

SlagDog

LOL, Well I literally played Skyrim ALL weekend. I've been working through the Forgotten Dungeons mod and Falksaar. Falksaar is well put together but I find the story so far not as engaging as some of the great story writing in the main game, like the town stories Morthal and Windhelm being some of my favorites. But that world map in Falksaar makes my eyes bleed. With all of the effort and time that went into making such great content why use such a hidious world map?!? The Forgotten Dungeons that I have played so far have been a mixed bag. I'm into the gigantic Dwermer dungeons that take hours to play through. And it's a bonus if you throw in the nasty Falmer/charaus into the mix - nasty buggers.

This playthrough I decided to be a Loyalist to Ulfric and kill any imperial troops on the roads between cities. LOL That didn't last long. Even though I was able to destroy the Imperials I soon learned that trying to enter any town got me KOS from any town guards Imperial or Stormcloaks alike. So I reloaded a previous save and played less aggressively towards the Imperials just so that I would not have every town empty of guards lol. It takes me forever to play through an area because I pick every flower and look in every burial jar. I love enchanting, alchemy and raising my skill at the forge the old fashion way so it takes a while for me to complete any one area. I also just do enough of the main quest to kick off the dragons so that they provide me with Dragonbone for armor later in the game.

During breaks I would think "Yeah I gotta buy Combat Mission." Then hours later after playing Skyrim, think "Yeah I gotta buy Combat Mission", etcetera, etcetera. I was definitely binging on Skyrim this weekend. And it was a blast! No regrets! With all of the environmental and mesh mods that have kept the games graphics up to date, the game is just so beautiful and still very fun to play. But like all binging who knows how long it will last.

My next foray will be checking out Beyond Skyrim: Bruma, although I haven't found all of the Forgotten Dungeons yet so I'll not start that until I have finished the Forgotten Dungeons.

Gusington

^Thanks 'Dog. Have you checked out Enderal? This will be my next RPG dive:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/933480/Enderal_Forgotten_Stories/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

nelmsm

Quote from: nelmsm on February 19, 2021, 09:38:40 PM
Well I'm just hoping to find and patch until the real plumber can fix it right

Water back up and running today.  Discovered it was under the utility room where someone who had lived here prior had apparently took a weekend and a case of beer and plumbed it out.  Was a weak joint that probably froze a bit and broke apart.  Plumber had us back in water in about an hour and it only cost me $132.  Was extremely happy with getting the water back and the price he charged. 

Sir Slash

Good for you. It's not often you get a break with plumbers.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

Dude, you dodged a bullet there.  Congrats!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

SlagDog

Quote from: Gusington on February 22, 2021, 11:55:25 AM
^Thanks 'Dog. Have you checked out Enderal? This will be my next RPG dive:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/933480/Enderal_Forgotten_Stories/

30 to 125 hours of game play - HOLY! That looks really cool! Added to the list. I'm wondering if I can buy the soundtrack but run the SSE version of the game. I'll have to look into that. I don't see why not as the sound track is not connected to the new graphics engine that SSE runs on. But who knows.

I got on last night and lost about 4 hours of gameplay to a corrupted save. The save list wanted to take me back to when I was level 4 (I was currently at level 32). The nice thing about Skyrim is that if I've been through the content I'm not to sad to lose levels as I don't mind rolling up a new character and playing through content I haven't played through yet.

Thinking about it I could run TWO copies of Skyrim and play Enderal AND my current playthrough. LOL its a mental illness for sure  ;D

Gusington

^I just posted a dedicated thread to Enderal: Forgotten Stories. Just for you! Don't tell anyone. Enderal is standalone now, btw.

We are all mental here.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd