Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Con

Finished Homeworld Deserts of Kharak.
Was fun but got a bit repetitive in the end - nice story though and very atmospheric - music as always is awesome in these games.
My promise to myself in 2022 is to finish a game before I get another one - so now onto Chaos Gate

Gusington

How long did it take you?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Con

Hard to say I had to start and stop several times due to work and real life so played over several months.
Its pretty short campaign - Without interruptions I can see someone bang it out in under 12 hours.

jamus34

It's on sale this week for $5. Might pick it up as I've had my eye on it. Dunno if I still have the reflexes for RTS anymore though.
Insert witty comment here.

Con

Wasnt too much of a click fest IMO and I dont like the frenetic RTS games either
Controls were pretty good and my style is to slowly grind away while harvesting as much resources as possible to make the subsequent missions easier - hence that takes longer.
It was great to re immerse myself in the always excellent and atmospheric Homeworld environment and it has me totally excited for Homeworld 3.
Con

Gusington

Thanks Con...I would have guessed it would have been a little longer than 12 hours - but 12 high quality gaming hours is not bad.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

WallysWorld

Completed Mafia: Definitive Edition last night. Great game and I got attached to the characters. Bought it on sale so it was well worth the price to me. The only issue I had is that the game froze quite a bit while running at higher frame rates even though I have an i9-9900k OC'd to 5 Ghz and a RTX 3080 Ti. I had to lock the frame rates at 60 fps and then the freezes disappeared. I read that others have the same issue with the game. I have the second and third Mafia games and I'm looking forward to those.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Gusington

How long did it take you? I have Mafia: Definitive Edition on my short to-play list.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Congrats on the finishes Gentlemen.  :notworthy:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bobarossa

Quote from: Gusington on August 01, 2022, 11:47:18 AM
How long did it take you? I have Mafia: Definitive Edition on my short to-play list.
I imagine your short to-play list being about 30 games in length.  Mine is only about 10.

jamus34

Quote from: bobarossa on August 01, 2022, 01:34:16 PM
I imagine your short to-play list being about 30 games in length.  Mine is only about 10.

My backlog is starting to look like the National deficit.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

My short to-play list is around the same as yours Bob - about 10 games I own that have I have not touched at all since I purchased them.

IIRC I bought the Mafia: Definitive Edition before COVID so...it's about time.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

WallysWorld

Steam shows a total playing time of 20.5 hours. I played 95% of the game at the Classic difficulty level and only after about 10-12 tries would I drop it down to the Hard level just to finish the chapter. But completing a chapter at the Classic level sure gives a good level of satisfaction.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

YAAAS! Won my Tuareg campaign in the '634 Fire and Swords' mod of Attila: Total War. Took me exactly 50 years of game time (634AD-684AD) or 200 turns.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd