Combat Mission: Cold War

Started by IICptMillerII, February 15, 2021, 11:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOS:96B2P

Quote from: Redwolf on November 18, 2021, 10:08:28 AM
Quote from: al_infierno on November 17, 2021, 10:42:42 PM
Don't know about hinds as aircrafts are not rendered on the map, but rather act as "off map artillery" unfortunately.

It is quite a bit more. They will find targets without their designated attack zone on their own (as opposed to artillery that falls randomly in the zone).

And AA units (AAA and missiles) fire back and can shoot down aircraft. I can be a nice battle in a battle. If you brought AA equipment. If not you are screwed.

This.  Good point.  The use of close air support and air defense is something worth considering. 

W8taminute

I really want to buy this game but am hesitating because it seems to me that it's limited to Western Europe from 1979 to 1981? 

I really want to play the June 1967 Six Day War and the 1973 Yom Kippur War on this engine but oh well...
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Is that a Stinger or some form of precursor to it?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Redwolf

Quote from: Gusington on November 18, 2021, 12:33:22 PM
Is that a Stinger or some form of precursor to it?

It has Stinger and Redeye for the US.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Skoop

Quote from: W8taminute on November 18, 2021, 11:52:28 AM
I really want to buy this game but am hesitating because it seems to me that it's limited to Western Europe from 1979 to 1981? 

I really want to play the June 1967 Six Day War and the 1973 Yom Kippur War on this engine but oh well...

Might actually be doable via modding.

smithcorp

Quote from: Sigwolf on November 17, 2021, 12:03:31 PM
Quote from: smithcorp on November 16, 2021, 11:18:17 PM
Thanks - I'll keep it on my wishlist in hopes of a sale. I have Black Sea and Shockforce from BF, so the bundle isn't a benefit.
If you have both through Battlefront, you can link them to a Matrix/Slitherine account.  That will generate Steam keys that you can then use to own them on Steam and take advantage of the 20% bundle discount for just CW.

Ooh! I remember i did do that!

Elvis

Quote from: Redwolf on November 16, 2021, 06:40:05 PM
Note that the Steam version doesn't work on Win11 right now.

My oldest has Windows 11. I had her install the Steam version when I heard a report or 2 of people not being able to run the Steam version on Windows 11. It runs fine for her.

I haven't had a Help Desk ticket from anyone saying they can't run it on Windows 11 or gotten feedback from the Slitherine/Matrix people saying that they are getting reports of it not running.

If anyone seeing this has had a problem running the game on Windows 11 open a Help Desk ticket and we'll figure out what's happening. I suspect the issue is something that doesn't have anything to do with Windows 11. None of my 3 computers can run Windows 11, so I can only go but what my kid sees.

Old TImer

Quote from: W8taminute on November 18, 2021, 11:52:28 AM

There are, I believe, mods for that.

Redwolf

Quote from: Elvis on November 19, 2021, 08:46:15 PM
Quote from: Redwolf on November 16, 2021, 06:40:05 PM
Note that the Steam version doesn't work on Win11 right now.

My oldest has Windows 11. I had her install the Steam version when I heard a report or 2 of people not being able to run the Steam version on Windows 11. It runs fine for her.

I haven't had a Help Desk ticket from anyone saying they can't run it on Windows 11 or gotten feedback from the Slitherine/Matrix people saying that they are getting reports of it not running.

If anyone seeing this has had a problem running the game on Windows 11 open a Help Desk ticket and we'll figure out what's happening. I suspect the issue is something that doesn't have anything to do with Windows 11. None of my 3 computers can run Windows 11, so I can only go but what my kid sees.

Yeah, I don't see any reports anymore either after a couple early ones on the Steam forums.

Sorry for the false alarm. Just trying to prevent negative reviews.