A Look Back at 2017 / Looking Ahead at 2018

Started by bayonetbrant, December 17, 2017, 08:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Martok

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 18, 2017, 02:13:19 PM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 18, 2017, 12:49:42 PMGlad I fit in somewhere... Because that isn't happening in my clothes at the mo' 

uh, guys...  did Lis just admit she's naked?
That was my take as well.  O:-) 

Quote from: mirth on December 18, 2017, 02:20:17 PM
What's your point?
We're supposed to have a point when we post??  Well then I'm pretty well screwed. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Emeraldlis

Busted!!!!!!  :hide: :hide: :hide: actually, i meant I need to diet! But who am I to ruin your imaginings.... Actually, I think I should rescue you from the trauma of that image of me  :wow: I was sat on the bus when I posted that comment, and I certainly was not butt naked on a bus  :P
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

mirth

Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 18, 2017, 04:45:41 PM
I certainly was not butt naked on a bus  :P

Well, that's no fun at all.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Emeraldlis

Quote from: mirth on December 18, 2017, 04:46:50 PM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 18, 2017, 04:45:41 PM
I certainly was not butt naked on a bus  :P

Well, that's no fun at all.

Well, I guess it would've been fun,  if I'd have had someone to get naked for on the bus  ^-^  might have gotten on for free, for putting on a show  <:-)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

bayonetbrant

What did folks in the industry think about 2017?

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

Thank you Brant for rescuing this thread from the 'Naked-on-the-bus' direction it was headed down. Everyone knows that naked on a train is much more fun. Anyway, I think 2017 was a great year for gaming. We got more gaming choices than ever and some great ones in almost every category. Sure a few skunks tried to sneak in but they got nailed by the watchful eyes of the Grog-nati and won't try that again soon. I personally got more games now than I can handle but I can't think of a single one I don't want to keep playing. And the mods are getting better every year too.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Emeraldlis

I refuse to get naked on a train... The seating is to uncomfortable  :P

undercovergeek

Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 24, 2017, 05:51:34 AM
naked on a train :P

The low budget Irish sequel to snakes on a plane?

Emeraldlis

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 24, 2017, 07:22:25 AM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 24, 2017, 05:51:34 AM
naked on a train :P

The low budget Irish sequel to snakes on a plane?

..  :2funny: I have a really bad phobia of snakes.. So that ain't gonna happen anytime soon! *shudder*

MetalDog

What are you worried about?!  Didn't St. Patrick drive all the snakes out of Ireland?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

Emeraldlis

Quote from: mirth on December 24, 2017, 11:05:31 AM
She's still there  :crazy2:
Quote from: MetalDog on December 24, 2017, 11:04:51 AM
What are you worried about?!  Didn't St. Patrick drive all the snakes out of Ireland?

Are you trying to say I'm a Saint or a snake!!!!!  ;D

bayonetbrant