Yippie Ka Yay M*******!

Started by Tpek, July 08, 2014, 12:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Barthheart

Yikes!  :o

Where are they getting this long range stuff? I thought the tunnels to Egypt were closed??

LongBlade

Quote from: TheCommandTent on July 08, 2014, 06:14:15 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on July 08, 2014, 06:08:13 PM
Be safe Tpek!

+1

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 08, 2014, 05:11:38 PM
I'm so disgusted at how this whole situation is being reported in America. I don't know how we can be waging a "War on Terror" yet be so blatantly anti-Israeli in the media spins.

Also this

+2
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

TheCommandTent

As I've been reading up on this latest round of rocket attacks (and let me tell you, I'm having to dig through US news sites to find stuff) I am struck by the realization that I really can't comprehend what people in Israel are going through.  And they have been putting up with this for way to long.  Then I started thinking if this happened in the US from one of our neighbors or from one state to another the response would be overwhelming.  (Well I would like to think it would be but given the current state of our politics who knows).  The whole "hypocrisy" of the world's reaction to Israel's response every time this happens is sickening.

*gets down off of soapbox*
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Toonces

I didn't realize that this was what this thread was about or I would have clicked on it sooner.

Tpek- if you can discuss it, is there a chance you'll be called up?  I've been doing a bit of reading about the Israeli armed forces and their conflicts, and I understand that most Israelis are conscripted into the armed forces as a reservist and are subject to a month of training per year, in addition to call-ups.

What a mess...be careful dude.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MikeGER

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 08, 2014, 05:11:38 PM
I'm so disgusted at how this whole situation is being reported in America. I don't know how we can be waging a "War on Terror" yet be so blatantly anti-Israeli in the media spins.

+1
exchange the word 'America' with 'Germany'  and underline 'in the media-spin'  in the quote  :(

some German fun cruise ship in the harbor of Aschdodgot got "hit" buy some debris rain down from probably an iron-dome intercept... (they had the size of coins and it was not more then a shovel full swepped up)

Stay safe Tpek!        IDF ... GET SOME!!!

Tpek

^Well, you certainly bombarded Brazil into complete humiliation last night  ;D

And yeah, from the remains of rockets fired at some of our cities, it seems they've been smuggled from places like Iran and Syria.

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Centurion40

Quote from: Toonces on July 09, 2014, 01:40:00 AM
I didn't realize that this was what this thread was about or I would have clicked on it sooner.

Tpek- if you can discuss it, is there a chance you'll be called up?  I've been doing a bit of reading about the Israeli armed forces and their conflicts, and I understand that most Israelis are conscripted into the armed forces as a reservist and are subject to a month of training per year, in addition to call-ups.

What a mess...be careful dude.

I've been wondering the same thing.  What with the civil wars in Syria and Iraq, with Hamas possibly being stretched thin due to efforts to support Assad in Syria, this could be an ideal time for the IDF to clean house in southern Lebanon.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Barthheart

I think moving on south Lebanon would be a bad idea for Israel. So far, even if the press doesn't portray it that way, Israel has the "We're just defending ourselves" card. Nothing has come out of Lebanon... at least directly. They should, however, just bulldoze Gaza in to the sea.

It is surprising, that with all that has just happened in Ukraine, that anyone could see Israel as the bad guy in all of this..... How can the press not see it's own hypocrisy?

bob48

What the guys said Tpek - stay safe.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on July 09, 2014, 03:37:35 PM
How can the press not see it's own hypocrisy?

This is one of them rhetorical questions, ain't it?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Barthheart on July 09, 2014, 03:37:35 PM
I think moving on south Lebanon would be a bad idea for Israel.

this!  let the surrounding countries kill themselves off.  for all of my data mining and conversations and research I'm still not convinced that the IDF has taken the lessons of the last round to heart.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.