Yippie Ka Yay M*******!

Started by Tpek, July 08, 2014, 12:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

What little I've read on the current conflict, it seems that Israel played right into Hamas' hands on this one.  Hamas kidnaps and murders 3 Jewish kids.  Israel responds by rounding up hundreds of Palestinian suspects...Hamas uses it as an excuse to shoot missiles at Israel and provoke Israel into responding over the top and becoming the bad guy....

A quieter response to the initial murders might have been warranted in this case.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

I'm specifically referring to this from the Reuters article:

"The surge in violence along the Gaza border, which is the worst since an eight-day war in 2012 when Tel Aviv was also targeted, followed a chain of events that began with the abduction of three Jewish seminary students in the occupied West Bank on June 12.

Blaming Hamas, which neither confirmed nor denied a role, the Israelis arrested hundreds of its activists in their search for the teenagers who were eventually found dead, as was a Palestinian youth abducted in Jerusalem last Wednesday in a suspected revenge murder.

Palestinians have since launched more than 200 rockets from Gaza, Israel has said.

While threatening an "earthquake" of escalation against Israel, Hamas said it could restore calm if Israel halted the Gaza offensive, once again committed to a 2012 Egyptian-brokered truce and freed prisoners it detained in the West Bank last month."
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Israel has never relied on principles of good diplomacy where it's national security is concerned. When it is threatened with imminent attack, or is attacked outright, it's response must be rapid and overwhelming. It is one small patch of land surrounded by a sea of enemies who want to see her utterly destroyed. In this regard, Israel's security situation is completely unique in the world.  If she hesitates or waivers, all may be lost.

Time and time again the Arabs have proven to the world that they are deceitful, completely unreliable and dedicated to the eradication of all Jews in the state of Israel. They will lie, cheat and murder their way towards this objective.

Historically, Israel had the world's sympathy. But now that memories of the holocaust are fading, it's becoming posh to openly hate Jews again. Supporting Palestine as an oppressed underdog is all the rage. Israel has lost the support of the media, and this I fear may prove a deadlier blow than any attack Hamas could pull off. Why the west lets itself get taken advantage of by terrorists, I will never understand.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MikeGER

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 10, 2014, 04:50:30 AM
. Why the west lets itself get taken advantage of by terrorists, I will never understand.

the same reason any other war after 1945 got more or less  'lost' on the homefront
its the ÜberPoliticalCorrectness gone wrong, which had crept into any aspect of day to day life also
you cant call a spade a spade anymore ...well, that my hurt the feelings of the spade being called a spade, Its insane!   

so today the life of a killed enemy or a bystanding supporters from his numerous clan -or child that he abused as a human shield- has finally gotten the same value (or even higher in some media) then that of your  very own service members or citizens

it seems like only way to win a "war" now would be if DAPRA develops a 'area stun bomb' which let a whole quarter fell into a healthy deep sleep like in a Grimm's Fairy Tale , while the 'soldier' stroll in ...defuse any explosives and collect any AK , lay a stuffed toy instead in anybody arms  ...and leave the area before the enemy flooded quarter awakes ... and then those will still complain to the media, about the 'mild headache' one of a million got from the unwanted narcosis!
*29facepalms*

Jarhead0331

^it was a rhetorical question. I know the answer.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

TheCommandTent

Historically, Israel had the world's sympathy. But now that memories of the holocaust are fading, it's becoming posh to openly hate Jews again. Supporting Palestine as an oppressed underdog is all the rage. Israel has lost the support of the media, and this I fear may prove a deadlier blow than any attack Hamas could pull off. Why the west lets itself get taken advantage of by terrorists, I will never understand.

This is a scary reality and I hope it is not carried to its "logical" end.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: TheCommandTent on July 10, 2014, 07:23:59 AM

This is a scary reality and I hope it is not carried to its "logical" end.

Me too...Unfortunately, history repeats itself.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

GDS_Starfury

we're a bit better armed this time around though.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 10, 2014, 09:51:56 AMwe're a bit better armed this time around though.

I've seen pics of some of the chicks in the IDF; I'd say you're better legged, too
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Tpek

Quote from: Toonces on July 09, 2014, 09:06:35 PM
What little I've read on the current conflict, it seems that Israel played right into Hamas' hands on this one.  Hamas kidnaps and murders 3 Jewish kids.  Israel responds by rounding up hundreds of Palestinian suspects...Hamas uses it as an excuse to shoot missiles at Israel and provoke Israel into responding over the top and becoming the bad guy....

A quieter response to the initial murders might have been warranted in this case.

Those suspects were convicted terrorists previously released in exchange for the kidnapped Gilad Shalit, who have broken the terms of their release (returned to terrorism).
And they began launching rocket barrages straight away at our cities.
Plus the cities in the south have been undergoing these barrages for the past straight ~14 years now.

As for the number of rockets, they've long passed 200.

And we can't really do much.
There second we actually try to do anything real, good ol' uncle Obama will quickly call in to say we're making too much of a ruckus and we should just sit down quietly. :P

Gusington

There are so many things I want to type here in a Jewish rage but none are really productive or add.to the conversation.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jack Nastyface

FWIW...as an amateur historian (I quit my M.A. and Ph.D. route when a girl got in the way) I often pride myself in being able to see more than one side to an argument.  With regards to the on-going struggles between the Palestinians and the Israelis, I confess failure.  If the Palestinians could put even 1/10th of the energy they spend on hatred into building up their communities, educating their children, encouraging imagination instead of hatred, investing in legitimate businesses and economic growth, and rooting out religious extremism, they could be successful, prosperous and peaceful.  I simply cannot fathom a mindset that has so thoroughly abandoned itself to hatred and spite.
The ironic thing about this is that very often, the Palestinians that I have meet in the "diaspora" are educated, congenial and kind.  Of course, that's why I've met them in N. America...because they were obviously sensible enough to get the f**k out of Dodge.

Stay safe Tpek...
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

GDS_Starfury

what I think is sad is that pre arafat they had a free trade zone, jobs and infrastructure. 

Toonces

Quote from: Tpek on July 10, 2014, 12:42:57 PM
Quote from: Toonces on July 09, 2014, 09:06:35 PM

Those suspects were convicted terrorists previously released in exchange for the kidnapped Gilad Shalit, who have broken the terms of their release (returned to terrorism).
And they began launching rocket barrages straight away at our cities.
Plus the cities in the south have been undergoing these barrages for the past straight ~14 years now.

Well, as you can see that information wasn't in the Reuters article. 

Again, I think that this is exactly how Hamas wanted it to play out. 

Having said that, I feel that Israel is in a no-win situation.  I can't explain it either...why the community at large always paints Israel as the bad guys.  FWIW, I'm glad that Israel is willing to say f' you to the world and do what it has to do when it has to do it. 

As to why the Arab world at large won't just get on with things and, instead put all of this energy into something more productive than fighting with Israel...religion pure and simple.  It really is hard to wrap your head around...or at least it is for me.