I am a vapist

Started by Huw the Poo, July 11, 2014, 04:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

As in, I vape.

These are miraculous little devices.  I was introduced to them last Christmas while staying with family.  As soon as I got home I started buying my own kit and haven't had a single cigarette ever since.  Not one.  People have congratulated me for giving up smoking, but I don't deserve any praise, because vaping makes it incredibly easy; almost cheating.  I'm still getting the nicotine, and obviously an e-cig provides a far more realistic smoking action than any other kind of cessation device.  You even exhale clouds of vapour.

Like most people new to e-cigs, I started with a "cig-a-like" bought from a shop around the corner.  These things are absolute rubbish, and frankly if they are all that were available I'd be smoking again by now.  But after doing some research on the net and joining an extremely helpful community, I started experimenting with next-gen kits.  The market is enormous.  There's an utterly bewildering array of hardware available - indeed, it's as much a hobby as a cessation device to many people - and literally thousands of different e-juices available too.  You still have your tobacco flavours for those new to it or those who somehow prefer the taste of tobacco, but besides that there are fruit flavours, mint flavours, foods, drinks, you name it.  I'll never get around to sampling even half of them.

So I get all the satisfaction but it's a million times less unhealthy than smoking.  And one of the best things is that I can vape indoors!  JOY!  No more standing outside in the pissing rain to smoke. :)

Any other vapers here?

GDS_Starfury

I should.  I really need to quit smoking.  my brother and his wife are about 5 or 6 months into it and theyre doing well with it.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 11, 2014, 04:08:54 PM
I should.  I really need to quit smoking.  my brother and his wife are about 5 or 6 months into it and theyre doing well with it.

Get them to give you some starter kit to try, and please do feel free to ask me any questions you may have.  I hope you didn't miss the part where I said I hadn't smoked a single cigarette in seven months! ;)  It really is that good.  I don't miss cigarettes at all - after all, it isn't the tobacco we're addicted to, it's the nicotine.

After years of having to go outside every time I wanted to smoke, I can't tell you the utter joy of sitting on a sofa with my lady and watching a film from beginning to end without a single interruption, vaping whenever I wanted to.  If I believed in a god I would get down on my knees every night and thank him for e-cigs.

Greybriar

I'd been in the hospital a few days awaiting surgery and hadn't had a cigarette nor wanted one in all that time. I didn't use patches or any other aids--I just quit cold turkey.

The surgeon reinforced my decision to quit when he told me, "If you don't quit smoking I'm going to have to amputate both of your legs."

That was in 1996. I haven't smoked since.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

MetalDog

I'm 17 days into cold turkey.  Don't miss it a bit.  Quit for three years and relapsed last September.  The hardest part is my GF smokes.  Trying to get her to quit is like planning my own murder.  Not going to do it.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GDS_Starfury

just look her dead in the eye and state how much better tasting blowjobs would be if she quit.  O:-)
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MetalDog

I don't eat enough fruit to make that even remotely true.  It's worth a shot, though ;)

Staggerwing

I think you'd have better luck offering her sexual favors of her choice, one for each day she goes w/out a ciggy.

Start practicing your alphabet...  ;)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 11, 2014, 07:48:33 PM
I think you'd have better luck offering her sexual favors of her choice, one for each day she goes w/out a ciggy.

Start practicing your alphabet...  ;)

There's a thought.  I understand that T is a tittilating letter.

bob48

Must look into this a bit more, although I'm a pipe smoker more these days.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Huw the Poo

MikeGER

na that vapour genrating machine in form of a pipe is an insult to hedonism  :o

where is the flavor and the room flavoring too? ... if someone need the nicotine take a patch or a chewing gum or just quit.

i found out hat i like pipe most in those cold winter days ...now in summer its a Gauloises Blondes Rouge cig after the dinner  ...or to relief some stress in the middle of a nailbiting WC soccer match on the telly ;) 

Huw the Poo

Quote from: MikeGER on July 12, 2014, 06:35:38 AM
na that vapour genrating machine in form of a pipe is an insult to hedonism  :o

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. ;)  Oh and don't talk to me about flavour - you can get virtually any flavour you like (including tobacco, if you must) and unlike, say, sweets, e-juices actually taste exactly like the thing they're supposed to taste like. :)

bob48

Yeah, I had read about the pipe version here;

http://www.eacarey.co.uk/shop/
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

Quote from: bob48 on July 12, 2014, 06:01:18 AM
Must look into this a bit more, although I'm a pipe smoker more these days.

we go from blow jobs to pipe smoker in 4 posts and not one pun??