I am a vapist

Started by Huw the Poo, July 11, 2014, 04:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

theres going to be a fight somewhere in a cinema or plane when it gets 'lit up'

GDS_Starfury

well..... $60 later and Ive got this honey flavored vapor thingy.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bob48

Were they out of stock of Stripper flavour?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

GDS_Starfury

The strippers name IS Honey.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Huw the Poo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 12, 2014, 03:08:47 PM
well..... $60 later and Ive got this honey flavored vapor thingy.

Ooohhh, so exciting!  Come on, whatcha got?  How are you finding it so far?

bob48

I have been looking at some starter kits - can't find any pickled onion flavour though  :)

'Clip those corners'

Staggerwing

What about smoked herring in white sauce?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Huw the Poo

^^ Oh dear god, you two shouldn't be let anywhere near e-cigs.

GDS_Starfury

Oddly its like learning to smoke again.

Staggerwing

Is that your Home Depot apron there?

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

JudgeDredd

I haven't read all the posts - but I WILL give you my own experience.

I tried several times to give up smoking using patches a couple of times...and I failed every time.

The one time I managed it and kept off them (from 1998) was to go cold turkey.

I know it's hard to justify - but at the end of the day - there is only ONE WAY to give up a HABIT - and that's to go cold turkey. You need to know how hard it is to give up. If you are weened off it, you'll never understand the addiction.

Giving up and going through that hell (whether it be nicotine, crack, heroin, pot) will make you understand what you just went through.

I do not minimise what people go through using these "other escapes"...but I do genuinely believe "most" people will not give up until they experience the horror of their addition.

Sorry if this has been said earlier - I admit to not reading the thread but jumping in with my own experience.

Anyone who is trying to give up an addiction, I applaud their attempts - but I ask you to re-evaluate your method...if you do not understand the addiction, it's hard to understand what you are depriving yourself of.

Also - (and I've done no checking on this) - check out who is involved with e-cigarettes....I would not be at all surprised if some tobacco companies are involved somewhere...and not for your health but to keep you addicted but make you think there's a healthier option (much like the food industry)!

I went through it with smoking and I'm going through it with food...the only way is to cut the shit out. That goes for grass, crack, heroin, smoking or fatty foods....

I don't want to crap on anyone trying to give up smoking...and addiction is a very personal thing. For me, cutting down and weening off did not work...cutting it out altogether AND remembering how that felt kept me off them.

good luck to anyone doing it - there's HUGE benefits and absolutely NO negatives!
Alba gu' brath

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

Mmmmmm...

I actually have some in my cupboard. Marmite as well.

Huw the Poo

Nice, Star.  Looks like a CE5 coupled with an Ego battery...say, 650 mAh?

I really hope you get on with it mate.  Just remember that the golden rule of vaping is to always have a backup of everything.  Spare battery, spare atomiser, or in your case a spare CE5 since the atomiser is part of it.  When you go 100% vape there's nothing worse than to suddenly be without some component...first thought that enters your head is to reach for a cigarette.

It took me a month or so to have the courage to throw out my tobacco, but I haven't looked back. :)