Big winter storm on the way!

Started by Shelldrake, January 26, 2015, 07:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Any snowfall would make Comrade de Blasio happy, as it reminds him of Mother Russia.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

mirth

As advertised. High winds , heavy snow. 11F, windchill is -21.

BanzaiCat

Dayum. Stay safe and warm. Hope the electricity stays on, though I imagine your system is more robust than ours (our power goes out in broad daylight with nary a breeze).

NY news is now saying 4-9" of snow. Yesterday the asshats were reporting 3' or more...but of course they were. I was thinking that meant the entire storm was a farce but apparently that just meant that the brunt of it missed NYC.

Staggerwing

Heaviest snowfall is supposed to be a corridor from the LI forks across the eastern 1/2 of CT and right over Boston all the way up the ME coastline. I'm on the western edge of that corridor and I think W8aminute is smack dab in the middle near Boston. Mirth, how far are you from the coast?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 27, 2015, 07:39:33 AM
Heaviest snowfall is supposed to be a corridor from the LI forks across the eastern 1/2 of CT and right over Boston all the way up the ME coastline. I'm on the western edge of that corridor and I think W8aminute is smack dab in the middle near Boston. Mirth, how far are you from the coast?

About 2 miles. Forecast is 18-24". Expected to stop snowing sometime in July.

mirth

bayonetbrant

Mirth, aren't you right under the "24"?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 27, 2015, 09:26:20 AM
Mirth, aren't you right under the "24"?

Yep. The top of the 4 is on my house.

Con

Wow thats intense outside.  My house is 8 miles north of downtown Boston right about where it says 30 inches and I believe it.  Threw the dog outside and for the first time he refused to go he normally loves the weather in the worst elements (he is a 130lb Swiss mountain dog with a double fur coat) but this time he just came immediately right up to the back door and howled to be let back in. 

I have set up a drop cam recording the last 24 hours I am going to try a timelapse see how it turns out.  Thing is its pointing at the neighbours across the street and the 50mph wind gusts have whipped most of the snow off their house depositing it on mine...winter is a dick!

bayonetbrant

Once y'all dig out of the snow, you guys should totally organize a New England-area GrogHeads meetup.  There's like 10 of y'all spread out from Hartford through to Portland.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Winter is a total dick. Any of you guys in this shit, don't fuck around. This is the type of weather that will kill you. I'm used to winter, but this type of storm makes me wary.

Hunker down and stay safe.

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 27, 2015, 10:14:53 AM
Once y'all dig out of the snow, you guys should totally organize a New England-area GrogHeads meetup.  There's like 10 of y'all spread out from Hartford through to Portland.

I'm down with that.