"Feeling Old" 2016 Edition

Started by BanzaiCat, January 26, 2016, 02:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Quote from: panzerde on October 10, 2016, 06:57:22 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 10, 2016, 06:49:41 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on October 10, 2016, 06:38:34 PMThe really bad part was when he was trying to watch 2 football games at the same time.  8)

Wait, I thought Teddy Roosevelt had suspended football games back then!

Only for a few months right after the McKinley assassination. We were allowed to play the next season.

You young'un got to have all the fun. All we got to do was pile big blocks on each other until Pharaoh said we were done.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

And Pharaoh NEVER had enough rocks.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

GOOD TIMES!!! Thanks for the trip back to my younger days. Mannequins were so much hotter in those days.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Martok

Quote from: mirth on October 31, 2016, 11:20:56 AM
25 years since The Perfect Storm (the actual event, not the movie)

https://weather.com/news/weather/news/perfect-storm-halloween-blizzard-1991
I remember my mom driving us kids home that evening (from piano lessons, maybe?).  It's normally only a 15-minute drive, but it took over 40 that night.  We were all scared shitless, my mom included. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

I remember it being a big deal on the coast, but not much of a problem where I was inland.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

Toonces is still pissed that the last big surf day in New England was 25 years ago
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 31, 2016, 07:24:13 PM
Toonces is still pissed that the last big surf day in New England was 25 years ago

FTFY

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on October 31, 2016, 04:33:24 PM
I remember it being a big deal on the coast, but not much of a problem where I was inland.

I drove from Connecticut to Gloucester with a friend that night. We went to visit some friends of my friend and got there late. The whole place was a mess the next day, lots of debris everywhere. We had no idea then how bad it eventually turned out to be all over.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

mirth

Sir Slash

OK. I'll say it first. It will last to.... "Infinity and Beyond".  :hide:

MengJiao

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 26, 2016, 10:46:26 AM
Here's the same kid from the album cover, recreating the picture today

Okay...by far the funniest thing I've seen all day.