Started by JudgeDredd, June 24, 2012, 12:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

I guess this goes in here.

I've been working on hthis slowly for months now. It's finally time to paint it

Alba gu' brath

mirth

Awesome JD! Great job on the crew.

Can't wait to see it painted. Thanks for sharing the pics!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

son_of_montfort

Nice! It actually looks pretty sweet unpainted, IMHO.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

JudgeDredd

Thanks.

The crew - well...my hands aren't very steady nowadays and my eyesight isn't great....so the crew was a challenge.

As for it looking ok without paint - I know what you mean but a combination of the plastic "sheen", a bit or glue overspill and smoothing of jaddies = paint required. Besides - if I'm honest, the painting part is my favourite bit  :)
Alba gu' brath

bob48

Looking good, makes me want to have a bash again. I have the same problem and had to give up painting figures due to my eyes. I really miss painting as well, the last stuff I did was Imperial Guard for 40K.

I then had a go at some 10mm figs for a projected Franco-Prussian DBA army - what a bloody mess I made of 'em :-((
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JudgeDredd

Yeha Bob - I think it affects us all - at differening levels and different stages of our lives. If you're lukcy that it evades you - then count your blessings.
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

What colors are you going to use?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Light grey below, dark grey and dark green above...like so...

Alba gu' brath

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

TheCommandTent

That looks great.  I am looking forward to seeing it painted.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

Great stuff, Judge.

If we get enough interest we can create a new modeling forum or expand the minis section to also include modeling.

I'm traveling right now, but can't wait to get back to do some painting.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

JudgeDredd

I love doing the - but I take my time and enjoy it. I think this is the first one I've built this year.

My wife isn't too supportive of my hobby and I'm struggling to see where I can put them. The only place I have is the window and it's getting full.

After this I have a 1:72 scale B-17. I'm a bit sad because I bought a make I thought was good (Eduardo I think it is) and when I opened it it looks pretty simple.
Alba gu' brath

LongBlade

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 25, 2012, 01:17:17 AM
My wife isn't too supportive of my hobby and I'm struggling to see where I can put them. The only place I have is the window and it's getting full.

Hang them from the ceiling!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

MikeGER

Quote from: LongBlade on June 25, 2012, 09:20:50 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 25, 2012, 01:17:17 AM

Hang them from the ceiling!

^with all the love for the hobby... i think that's a little to harsh punishment for J2D's wife  ;)

JudgeDredd

I agree - very harsh. She's a lovely woman!

But I might hang my aircraft from the ceiling!
Alba gu' brath