Main Menu

My Mosquito

Started by JudgeDredd, June 24, 2012, 12:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Well - the Eduardo Cockpit Mask for the Mossie was - erm - used with mixed success.

Not blaming the mask at all - it was fiddly for me to put on and I had to "re-seat" bits several times to get what I think was the right place. Turns out it wasn't in some cases. Also, I had no idea how to actually do the front to get it to fit - in the end, it's certainly better than my hand painted attempt - but the report card would say "could do better".

Practice and patience are the key words I think.

Still - a first try.

As you can see from the transfers on the wings, some of my Klear got under them. They look a bit of a mess too. Pity. Anyway - I'll be looking to test my Dark Dirt weathering solution on this one - and try and get some practice with it. No idea how it's going to act with the decals though...we'll see. I may have to pull those transfers at the front off.

Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Cockpit looks grand.... Shame about the decals though

JudgeDredd

Thx UCG - though I think you're being a little kind. But it's appreciated ;-)

I just need to use some patience next time...also, the hand paint thing is a bit of an issue...it just seems to build a ridge up at the tape where spraying (from what I've seen of other peoples work) doesn't...

But still...first try and I've got some coming for my B-17 - so another attempt. At £3 a pop they aren't cheap though!
Alba gu' brath

bayonetbrant

every time I see this thread in the "unread threads" screen, I start humming "Mu-mu-mu-mu-mu-MY MO-SQUIT-O!" to the tune of "My Sharona"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

TheCommandTent

Sorry the decals didn't turn out but everything else looks great.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 15, 2012, 09:17:59 AM
Thx UCG - though I think you're being a little kind. But it's appreciated ;-)

I just need to use some patience next time...also, the hand paint thing is a bit of an issue...it just seems to build a ridge up at the tape where spraying (from what I've seen of other peoples work) doesn't...

But still...first try and I've got some coming for my B-17 - so another attempt. At £3 a pop they aren't cheap though!

Not at all.... When you were discussing it earlier I couldn't figure out what was supposed to happen and how it would look.... Now I've seen it it looks great

JudgeDredd

Thanks very much.

I screwed up the front - couldn't work out what to do and ended up with the bits of mask in a bit of a state. Also I think the hand painting gives that ridge look. Thing is - I was scared to take them off after one coat because if enough paint wasn't on, the mask would be useless...so I gave it a second, perhaps thicker, coat...

We live and learn.

Moved on now to my B-17 - well, I might still try and weather it...
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

This is the finished article - before weathering - and I'm not sure I will be weathering it.

Alba gu' brath