Paper Cardstock Modeling

Started by avrotim, September 30, 2015, 09:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avrotim

When I am not wargaming, or doing graphic design for games, I build paper (card-stock) models.  Any other paper modellers around here?
currently working on: Crowbar, Thunder in the East, Attack of the 50 Ft Colossi
Currently building: nothing

bayonetbrant

I've got a few downloaded here, but haven't put them together yet.  Maybe one of these days I'll get around to it
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

I've done a few buildings but not much else. There is a great paper/card modeling site called Fiddler's green that has lots of cool stuff, including many aircraft, for sale.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

avrotim

I have waaay more than I will ever have time to build.  Mostly simple designs; I don't have the ablity to put together a model with 1,000 parts!  The last one I made up had around 35 parts or so.  It was a RCAF Sikorsky R-5.  Not sure what I will build next.  I am about 1/4 of the way through re-colouring a CF-100 but I have run out of steam on that project.

avrotim

Fiddlers Green is an amazing site!  I actually have a subscription to it and have Every model.

mirth

Quote from: avrotim on September 30, 2015, 09:32:09 PM
I have waaay more than I will ever have time to build.  Mostly simple designs; I don't have the ablity to put together a model with 1,000 parts!  The last one I made up had around 35 parts or so.  It was a RCAF Sikorsky R-5.  Not sure what I will build next.  I am about 1/4 of the way through re-colouring a CF-100 but I have run out of steam on that project.

Nice!  O0

And Fiddler's Green is very cool. Thanks for the link!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

avrotim

If anyone wants to try a Fiddlers Green model just let me know.  I am always happy to get someone else into the hobby. 

Staggerwing

I actually have some unbuilt vintage cardstock model sheets of Dutch windmills which I framed and hung up as decoration in my house.

I also had plates from FG of both Henry David Thoreau's Walden cabin and the Colditz POW escape glider which were lost in a move.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

avrotim

I built both of those!   They got sent to the circular file years ago.  But I still have the pdfs.  Thats the beauty of downloadable paper models- if you mess up or want to build it again, just print up another one.

MIGMaster

I started a T-72 and then for some reason I got sidetracked....gotta give it another go !

Jack Nastyface

Hey Avrotim,
Over the years I've built a number of paper models.  I built a few english buildings (coach house, manor house, and gothic church) and the Mig-15, F-86 and Panther F9F from Fiddlersgreen.  Canon papercraft also has lots of good free models.  I started building but never finished the Arc de Triomphe.  I was considering building a "simple" version of the 1/200th scale fletcher class destroyer from digitalnavy for an upcoming convention featuring a Wings of War/Glory tournament, but I simply don't have the time.
FWIW last year I played a game of Air War C21 featuring Vietnam war aircraft.  Great fun...and quite cheap for the game-master to put together.

Yours in gaming,

Jack Nastyface
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.