Psst...Hey, Martok!

Started by BanzaiCat, January 04, 2014, 04:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

LongBlade

Yeah, that toilet spider would be quite the nasty surprise.

Geeze, Martok, what are you going to do now? No place seems safe.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Martok

Well I do believe I'd already previously stated I would simply never visit Australia, so that's something like 70% of the battle right there. 

For the rest, I may need a second flame-thrower.  You can never be too careful. 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

undercovergeek

when i went with wife mark II we were sat in a coffee shop pretty close to the entrance in Cairns, all of a sudden the owner shouts 'aw, here he is fellas, heres bruce' i turn around, no one there, and the owner says 'come on in little guy', so i look down - coming through the door is a fking glove with eight legs, biggest ass, stripiest fkng spider ever - owner puts down a saucer of beer and hes straight in

apart from the obvious lynching i would have received for doing so, the temptation to stomp on it was massive, but ive always pondered the fact that the thing would have just turned round, caught my shoe and thrown me backwards through the window

LongBlade

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 11, 2016, 04:29:16 PM
when i went with wife mark II we were sat in a coffee shop pretty close to the entrance in Cairns, all of a sudden the owner shouts 'aw, here he is fellas, heres bruce' i turn around, no one there, and the owner says 'come on in little guy', so i look down - coming through the door is a fking glove with eight legs, biggest ass, stripiest fkng spider ever - owner puts down a saucer of beer and hes straight in

apart from the obvious lynching i would have received for doing so, the temptation to stomp on it was massive, but ive always pondered the fact that the thing would have just turned round, caught my shoe and thrown me backwards through the window

Maybe Martok needs to be more like Obama and have a beer summit with some of those poor spidies.

Martok

They probably would light on fire easier that way... 

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Martok's parents didn't believe in spanking.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

LongBlade

Martok

That photo is the definition of irony. 

JasonPratt

The exoskeleton of the Widow's last mate hanging over there in her tangled web, is a nice touch.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Martok

Good eye, Jason. 

I am so very, very glad that I was not born a male spider. 

Staggerwing

If the spider has been there a while that could also be a molted exoskeleton left over from it's youth.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: Staggerwing on March 02, 2016, 07:04:09 PM
If the spider has been there a while that could also be a molted exoskeleton left over from it's youth.

Always gotta be an optimist, don't ya?  >:(