FRIDAY calling to the faraway towns, Now war is declared, and battle come down

Started by undercovergeek, May 02, 2014, 03:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Dolan50 on May 03, 2014, 07:44:39 PM

This is my war song.
Makes WoT fun!

I don't play WoT, but it makes highway cruising with the top down fun, I'll give you that.  The live version from Rattle & Hum is my all-time fave U2 tune.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

undercovergeek

Quote from: Martok on May 04, 2014, 11:46:21 AM
I hope you enjoy Rome II, Dolan.  It's the most fun I've had with a Total War game in a decade. 

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 03, 2014, 08:43:18 PM
Its 2:30 am - i thought id give CKII a run out at 21:20 -

so far the Vikings almost took all England, Mercia held out in the end, Wessex (me as Alfred) became a puppet state of the Vikings. The king of wessex died (my brother) and his son triggered a succession crisis, and we went to war - he lost Wessex itself to me leaving me with Dorset and Wessex. Building ports i saved enough money to hire mercenaries, i was the King of Denmarks marshal, and declared my independence - he let me go without a war - this allowed me to create the Duchy of Wessex again and incorporated Somerset into my lands - i kicked out the Viking earl and that left me with South West England as an independent state in England. This left me the chance to build up and claim the Duchy of Hwicce (Oxford, Gloucester and Wiltshire) from the king of Denmark - he had just entered a massive war with Poland leaving these provinces defenceless - they fell to me soon. My cousin the King of Mercia then started gobbling up the rest of the Midlands, and retook East Anglia - we both have ambitions to create England again. At the same time my wife's father died leaving her as the sole heir to the Duchy of Apulia and Bari - titles that will be passed to my son - but she needs my help as Italy just went up in flames in civil war, and now its 240!!

bed
Ha, that's pretty epic geek.  You've gotta love the soap-opera aspect of that game.

that was just the start - as punishment for invading england i married my heir to Ivar the Boneless daughter and then killed her, then assassinated him - you will pay for invading my lands

i had a bad ass daughter with stewardship of 25, married her to the Spanish King and his rival had her killed - Romero he was called, the Spanish King hated him so who better to invite him to a friendly court across the sea - he then had his throat slit in an alley

Nefaro

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 04, 2014, 07:50:09 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on May 04, 2014, 07:40:40 AM

5) I'm going to Walmart to do the grocery shopping

Bring back pix of any chimera, cryptids, or other unusual life-forms you may find browsing the isles there. It'll make 40Cent's day.  :D

I call them "Wal-Martians".

;)

Kushan

Mostly played SPG2 all weekend. Got an hour of EUIV MP in with Metal Dog this afternoon. I started the French liberation of Brittany, where my "allies" Savoy turned turn coat and supported Brittany. Between me and Castile (MD) it was no contest. I took one province from each of them, only to accidentally give Savoie back to Savoy when Bavaria who is the HRE demanded I give imperial territory back. Started thinking of another war against England, but realized they are now allied with Austria. About time I knocked Austria down a few pegs.

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 04, 2014, 01:04:47 PM
that was just the start - as punishment for invading england i married my heir to Ivar the Boneless daughter and then killed her, then assassinated him - you will pay for invading my lands

i had a bad ass daughter with stewardship of 25, married her to the Spanish King and his rival had her killed - Romero he was called, the Spanish King hated him so who better to invite him to a friendly court across the sea - he then had his throat slit in an alley

I think the lesson here is don't F*** with geek.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

undercovergeek

yeah, i tried to RP Alfred, and thats what i would like to think i would have done

Alfred lived to the ripe old age of 91, good news and bad news. It means his heir is 65 and i havent had any real input in his impact on the world, he has sold out to the Queen of England who came to power after a massive civil war and all England broke into individual factions and counties again (yeah, it was formed and a womans in charge!) and shes his liege, his lost apulia but not the claim - hes now inherited all south of england except cornwall, and his son is a mess - sigh - some repairing to do. His italian lands are lost the the Byzantium Empire - without a major power change, theyre not coming back soon - time to concentrate on the English crown, and almost all the Vikings are out of England - they own Scotland and Ireland. Wales is constantly at war with Brittany or Spain