Star Wars Empire at War RTS?

Started by Grim.Reaper, May 02, 2014, 05:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian C

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 03, 2014, 11:58:42 AM

Thank you....where is the map editor to create custom battles?  Couldn't find it in the menus, nor the game directory?

Here: http://empireatwar.filefront.com/file/Forces_of_Corruption_Map_Editor;73719

It was originally released via the developers (Petroglyph) on their forums IIRC. The tutorial is vital to read but it's easy to grasp and only a few pages long.

Maps are played in Skirmish mode against the AI or via Multiplayer.

agathosdaimon

SW EaW was ok but Star Wars Rebellion is probably the best Stars real time strategy game i have ever played

did any one ever play force commander? was it any good?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: agathosdaimon on May 03, 2014, 03:39:02 PM
SW EaW was ok but Star Wars Rebellion is probably the best Stars real time strategy game i have ever played

Rebellion is great. Still play it. Force Commander was a disappointment.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

for that not involved quick fix one hour stand I still recommend the Star Wars HW2 mod.

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 03, 2014, 04:32:04 PM
Quote from: agathosdaimon on May 03, 2014, 03:39:02 PM

Rebellion is great. Still play it. Force Commander was a disappointment.

I've not tried playing Rebellion on Win7 or higher.. does it?  I believe it still worked on WinVista last time I played, so it probably does.

Actually played a head-to-head LAN game of SW Rebellion years ago, when it came out.  Took us a bit to get used to some of the interface oddities, but it was a blast even despite taking awhile to complete.  I don't remember who won but we had some epic cat & mouse space battles since it took so much time for your fleets to jump anywhere and once they were going, there was no way to stop them.  Made for some tough decisions and nail-biting.

Dammit, now I wanna try to dig the disk out and play again!   Pretty sure I still have the manual and even the double-sided poster with all the ship info too.

Jarhead0331

I'm currently playing on a win 8, 64-bit machine.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Ian C

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 03, 2014, 04:32:04 PM

Rebellion is great. Still play it.

The two sites I tried to download the 1.01 patch from flag up a virus. Would anyone happen to have a safe copy of the patch please?

Anguille

Ian C

Quote from: Anguille on May 04, 2014, 11:39:35 AM
did you try the patchscrolls?

Yep. No luck anywhere. Every single site that has it flags a virus alert. It could be a false positive but after such a long time with chances for it to be flagged as harmless,  I doubt it.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Ian C on May 04, 2014, 02:02:11 PM
Quote from: Anguille on May 04, 2014, 11:39:35 AM
did you try the patchscrolls?

Yep. No luck anywhere. Every single site that has it flags a virus alert. It could be a false positive but after such a long time with chances for it to be flagged as harmless,  I doubt it.

I tried it from this site and received no virus warnings....

http://swrebellion.com/downloads/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=5

Ian C

Thanks, I got it up and working but that link is also bringing up a virus warning. Now I have to also contend with trying to get RebEd (the editor) working. I need a registry address from someone who has the game installed in the original install path (I have the updated version of the game with the modified .exe to run on Win 7).

Nefaro

Quote from: Ian C on May 04, 2014, 02:52:40 PM
Thanks, I got it up and working but that link is also bringing up a virus warning. Now I have to also contend with trying to get RebEd (the editor) working. I need a registry address from someone who has the game installed in the original install path (I have the updated version of the game with the modified .exe to run on Win 7).

False positive.

You using Norton?

Ian C

Quote from: Nefaro on May 04, 2014, 05:43:06 PM
Quote from: Ian C on May 04, 2014, 02:52:40 PM

False positive.

You using Norton?

Nope, Avast. False then -that's good news I guess. Now if I can only get RebEd to work...

bbmike

Damn, I bought this thinking this was the game I was looking for (yeah, a Star Wars reference  :P)
I remembered a MOO2 type Star Wars game that I never bought way back when but always wanted to try. Now I'm sure it was Rebellion and not Empire at War. And it's not on Steam or anywhere else.  :-\
Oh well, maybe EaW can fill that Star Wars empire building void for me.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak