Star Wars Empire at War RTS?

Started by Grim.Reaper, May 02, 2014, 05:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: bbmike on May 05, 2014, 05:24:24 AM
Damn, I bought this thinking this was the game I was looking for (yeah, a Star Wars reference  :P)
I remembered a MOO2 type Star Wars game that I never bought way back when but always wanted to try. Now I'm sure it was Rebellion and not Empire at War. And it's not on Steam or anywhere else.  :-\
Oh well, maybe EaW can fill that Star Wars empire building void for me.

Rebellion is going to be tough to find if you don't have the original CD. I don't believe it is available digitally anywhere.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Ian C

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 05, 2014, 05:31:27 AM

Rebellion is going to be tough to find if you don't have the original CD. I don't believe it is available digitally anywhere.

Someone was kind enough to mail me the digital version a few years back after my original disk was irreprably damaged, but IIRC, I had to download two files to make it work on Win 7. The downside to this is that RebEd won't work because it tries to read the original disk install location of the game files via the windows registry.
If anyone has a remedy to making RebEd work then please share, or alternatively, if anyone has the know-how to make a reg entry file and share, that would be great.

Nefaro

I'm not even sure where my SW:Rebellion disk is currently located.  I dug around in one or two of my old game boxes but haven't quite put the time into digging through the rest yet.  Found the manual, however, so that's something.  *shrug*

Grim.Reaper

If someone is looking for Rebellion, currently on ebay for about $7....although 2 hours left in the auction.  You might want to jump in if your looking to find it for a reasonable price, assuming the bidding doesn't go crazy at the end.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321392218011?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Nefaro

I have faith that mine is still sitting around here, somewhere.  :)

I also recall making a direct disk copy at one point, for a backup.  That may still be in one of my multiple game boxes too.