Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts work in progress.

Started by Destraex, July 19, 2018, 08:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

What's up with the 'internet connection required at start?'
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MengJiao

Quote from: Toonces on November 25, 2021, 01:54:08 PM
What's up with the 'internet connection required at start?'

I think they have some kind of quasi-sophisticated validation thing.  It hated me for a while, but now it knows who I am, I think.  Or it thinks that I think that, probably.  Anyway, now I feel validated.

Gusington

I never had an issue with the client...smooth like buttah.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on November 25, 2021, 10:24:51 PM

It seems okay now and it does download patches and such pretty often so that's another reason for the internet connection.

ArizonaTank

News that a basic campaign is now included got me off my duff on this one. 

Fired it up for the first time today.

Overall, like what I see...  Love the detailed shot by shot info and detailed damage reports... something I felt was missing from the Totem Ironclad series.

But still early days in my experience with it. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

steve58

The campaign?  If you already own the game, just fire it up and click on Update.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

CaptainKoloth

Quote from: Gusington on November 25, 2021, 10:24:51 PM

I too have only had good experience with this client. Which is pretty unusual for me among all the various non-Steam or GOG clients I've used. It always works and updates quick. Never gives me trouble about launching offline either.

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Toonces

I reckon, given all I've now read, that I'll await the Steam release.  No real incentive here; I can wait.

It does look like it's going to be a must buy when it releases.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

DetCord

Quote from: Toonces on November 27, 2021, 01:34:06 AM
I reckon, given all I've now read, that I'll await the Steam release.  No real incentive here; I can wait.

It does look like it's going to be a must buy when it releases.

This is excellent advice.

I've been with it since launch and the progress has been abysmally slow over the past several years. The dynamic campaign, the one singular thing everyone has been waiting for, has a long, long, long way to go before it is even remotely enjoyable and properly fleshed out.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

Quote from: DetCord on November 27, 2021, 11:44:35 PM

...  The dynamic campaign, the one singular thing everyone has been waiting for, has a long, long, long way to go before it is even remotely enjoyable and properly fleshed out.

I am a newcomer to the game, but I think that is a rather harsh view of the current campaign. Clearly it has far to go...but I am still enjoying the campaign as a battle generator. I think even in its current state the campaign does add something valuable to the package.

Overall, there are plenty of things in the game that still need polishing, but I still think it is fun to play.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

^I agree - there are 50+ pre-fabricated missions available now to play now and a skirmish mode that covers Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, British, French, Russian, Italian, Austro-Hungarian and American navies from 1890-1940.

The campaign is what we have been waiting on for literally years, but GameLabs is not a big operation. I am willing to be patient, mostly because what I have played so far has been high-quality and lovingly assembled.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd