Hell Let Loose Opinions And Thoughts

Started by TigerBanks, September 19, 2021, 07:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerBanks

Hi guys, recently started playing hell let loose, which is so realistic in my opinion but, there is still fps drops sometimes and wooden physics.. Do you play or have you tried?

Pete Dero

I don't really play that kind of games, but you might find some info in these forum posts : http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=22182.0

MengJiao

Quote from: TigerBanks on September 19, 2021, 07:27:27 PM
Hi guys, recently started playing hell let loose, which is so realistic in my opinion but, there is still fps drops sometimes and wooden physics.. Do you play or have you tried?

HLL is a great game.  And I say that having played everything that remotely resembles it from WWII online thru Heros and generals and Post scriptum.  On the other hand (so as to explain why
I prefer Enlisted these days),  I like commanding a "squad" (or half-squad) of AI (robot quasi-Avatars since you can switch to the robot of your choice) even if it makes the game where you do that (Enlisted) more or less arcady and often just plan absurd.
Which brings up another point...HLL games can run for quite a while with relatively little action.  For a while I liked that -- exploring the maps and so on, but I'd rather indulge in some
frenzied absurdity (which -- and this is really a good thing -- doesn't happen all that much in HLL).

Trooperc7

I play HLL regularly. I like it. The maps are beautiful and the bomb explosions are spectacular!

W8taminute

I really like HLL but haven't played in quite a while.  The reason is I was turned off by how quickly a team could lose the match because of not capturing objectives and not launching attacks from well placed spawn points. 

I don't know if things have changed in the past year.

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on September 20, 2021, 07:01:38 AM

Which brings up another point...HLL games can run for quite a while with relatively little action.  For a while I liked that -- exploring the maps and so on, but I'd rather indulge in some
frenzied absurdity (which -- and this is really a good thing -- doesn't happen all that much in HLL).

I'm back wandering around in HLL.  Some of the maps have been rebuilt.  There's an influx of new players (due to external circumstances involving whatever popular games the general population is
abandoning for other popular games that haven't quite happened yet apparently) and they are a disappointment as usual.  I'm a disappointing old player and now I have the gear to prove it:
the aptly named "Silver Vanguard" DLC which features nice hats and jackets for older men.  If you are an armored officer, you get "Hell on Wheels" (or something like that) lovingly embroidered on the back of your jacket.  I'll take some screen shots of the new parts of the revised maps if I see any.  I'll stay away from Foy and try to forget what I learned there about how to shoot boatloads of Volksgenadiers without much trouble with your basic trusty M1.  Probably back to the trials and tribulations of being a "Squad leader" (ie of six at most).  Eventually I'll graduate there to "NCO" and get my "Squad Leader" M1 to replace my carbine.  It's something to work toward anyway.

This might be new (on St. Marie du Mont):

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 03, 2021, 11:54:29 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on September 20, 2021, 07:01:38 AM

I'm back wandering around in HLL.  Some of the maps have been rebuilt.  There's an influx of new players (due to external circumstances involving whatever popular games the general population is
abandoning for other popular games that haven't quite happened yet apparently) and they are a disappointment as usual.  I'm a disappointing old player and now I have the gear to prove it:
the aptly named "Silver Vanguard" DLC which features nice hats and jackets for older men.  If you are an armored officer, you get "Hell on Wheels" (or something like that) lovingly embroidered on the back of your jacket.  I'll take some screen shots of the new parts of the revised maps if I see any.  I'll stay away from Foy and try to forget what I learned there about how to shoot boatloads of Volksgenadiers without much trouble with your basic trusty M1.  Probably back to the trials and tribulations of being a "Squad leader" (ie of six at most).  Eventually I'll graduate there to "NCO" and get my "Squad Leader" M1 to replace my carbine.  It's something to work toward anyway.

Trooperc7

I play HLL almost every evening. Im up to level 171. I think the game is just getting better with every update. I especially enjoy the 2 new Russian maps! The Kursk map reminds me of every picture ive ever seen of the place.......

MengJiao

Quote from: Trooperc7 on November 06, 2021, 12:44:36 PM
I play HLL almost every evening. Im up to level 171. I think the game is just getting better with every update. I especially enjoy the 2 new Russian maps! The Kursk map reminds me of every picture ive ever seen of the place.......

I agree.  Wow 171!  I'm at about 40.  At least I can wear a mechanic's hat to show how tough I am.  I'm just getting back into HLL after a weird detour into Enlisted.

demjansk1942

Might have to finally get it,  tired of B5 and need something else.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 06, 2021, 02:15:13 PM
Quote from: Trooperc7 on November 06, 2021, 12:44:36 PM

I agree.  Wow 171!  I'm at about 40.  At least I can wear a mechanic's hat to show how tough I am.  I'm just getting back into HLL after a weird detour into Enlisted.

Yep.  I'm back in for a bit.  Maybe to revisit old battlefields and see when the Commonwealth forces might be coming in.  Maybe yet another Tobruk?  Could be interesting.  Meanwhile
I'm generally amazingly bad at this game but my score-rank thing is now relatively low (at 43) so nobody is too surprised when I fail to do anything particularly useful.  Here's a scene
in a truck on Foy:

Bardolph

The McGinty brothers were known for their matching scars, and exceedingly long fingers.

SlagDog

This is a great game. I just can't play it at night because the adrenaline pumping through my body after playing it keeps me from falling asleep  ;D. Being in the middle of an arty strike is just completely insane!!! It's definitely a heart pounding experience!

Trooperc7

next week the new update comes out adding a new map Kharkov, jeeps and snow smocks and flamethrowers......the game gets better with each new update. I now have 1795 hours in to playing it. Current level 236.

MengJiao

Quote from: Trooperc7 on December 02, 2022, 12:31:17 PM
next week the new update comes out adding a new map Kharkov, jeeps and snow smocks and flamethrowers......the game gets better with each new update. I now have 1795 hours in to playing it. Current level 236.

That's astounding.  I'm at level 43, but with my actual abilities, probably 20 is more my speed.  Jeeps and snow smocks sound wonderful.  I think I will try to avoid the flamethrowers.