Main Menu

Share your videos!

Started by W8taminute, July 15, 2014, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Cool video budd....thanks for sharing.  What is it, pausable real time where you set waypoints, etc?

W8taminute

Doorkickers looks like a pretty cool game. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

-budd-

Quote from: Rayfer on August 30, 2014, 06:00:01 PM
Cool video budd....thanks for sharing.  What is it, pausable real time where you set waypoints, etc?

I pause...but you don't have too. You can make your run with one plan laid out from the beginning with up to 4 troopers[not sure if they changed that limit] with waypoints and actions. I need the pause except on the really simple levels. It is kind of fun trying to get through some levels with 1 trooper.
I'm also using sic's sound mod for gun sounds and a clean mod for not showing the waypoints and planning stuff for the video replays.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

another Doorkicker vid. I'll have to re try the level to get the third star, missed by 2 seconds.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

jomni

As a reaction Door Kickers, here's an old Breach and Clear video.   Not a complex mission.

W8taminute

Inspired by Banzai_Cat's B-29 mission AAR (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=11041.0) I decided to take my Ki-43 out for a ride for a little War Thunder action.  The following short video is taken from a domination match I fought in today with the Hayabusa.  I recently saw an excellent video guide on this particular plane and how to use it in War Thunder and that also prompted me to try it out. 

What you'll see is me scanning the skies for targets.  I usually play in a P-36 Hawk or a MC 202 while going bomber hunting because I'm too chicken to take on fighter planes to be honest with you.  So today I used the Ki-43 to go bomber hunting.  Not exactly a wise idea because this bird is frail and a few hits from bomber defenses will send her down.  But I found a G4M1 Betty and thought that should be easy.  Watch what happens next. 

Later on some biplane (a prewar He-51) tries to take me out but the Ki-43 is so nimble I easily dodge his wild machine gun spray.  Then a team mate takes the opportunity to kill my hunter because of his tunnel vision.  I made the mistake of giving up too much energy and going into a turn fight with a bi-plane and by rights I should have been punished for that and shot down.  But I lived!

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

undercovergeek

what happens with the landing gear?

Silent Disapproval Robot

Can you play Realistic or Sim mode on the PS4?

W8taminute

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 05, 2014, 06:24:54 PM
what happens with the landing gear?

That's called bad pilot who hit the wrong button during a dogfight!  LOL.  I meant to put on my combat flaps but instead lowered my gear.  That error happens every so often because of the way the buttons are laid out on the PS4 controller. 

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 05, 2014, 06:43:36 PM
Can you play Realistic or Sim mode on the PS4?

Yes you can!  I have tried realistic but found that by just using the console controller alone is not enough to fly properly.  What I usually do when I fly realistic is to connect my USB keyboard so that I can have access to the advanced flight controls and use the controller for the simple tasks like firing the weapons and pitching, yawing, or rolling the aircraft.

Sim mode is very hard to do on the console even with the keyboard/controller combo.  I am going to try connecting my Logitech Extreme 3D joystick to the PS4 alongside the USB keyboard and see if that helps.  The console controller just doesn't have enough buttons to add trim elevator and trim rudder controls.   

Silent Disapproval Robot

I fly realistic mostly and sim mode if they have UK or Japanese maps up that month.  Lots of fun.  If you like the Ki-43, wait until you get your hands on a Ki-84.  That plane is just a killing machine.  I can't understand why so many IJA players complain about it.  As a BnZ fighter with good speed, excellent acceleration and great e-retention, there's little not to like about it.

W8taminute

^Nice service record there SDR!  I'm still working on my T2 research tree as the Japanese and now thanks to you I can't wait to fly the Ki-84. 

I see you play on the PC but that doesn't mean we could possibly run into each other one day as War Thunder allows cross platform matches.  Before I tackle Sim mode though I need to learn how to take off without my plane yawing wildly to the side and crashing into a tent on my way down the runway!

JudgeDredd

Aulin Enterprise Space Station

Alba gu' brath

Rayfer

JD....did you hit the station about halfway through the vid? Nice posting, thanks.

panzerde

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 06, 2014, 11:42:11 AM
Aulin Enterprise Space Station

JD are you flying with joystick, gamepad, mouse and keyboard or some other combo? Curious about the controls.

I am striving manfully to wait for release to buy this, but every video you post is eroding my resolve. The stellar navigation map there at the end pretty much did me in. I'm a sucker for great FUIs...
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

JudgeDredd

Not this one. Unfortunately, for humour value, I didn't record my screw up.

I landed fine here, loaded up and went and dropped my load off (video of buying the products and going to a station is uploading as we speak)

My Darwinian event has just happened. I now have to go back and start killing stuff again...and I was so enjoying the peace of trading!
Alba gu' brath