Starship Troopers: Terran Command

Started by jomni, November 25, 2019, 05:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Matrix just put up a teaser on Facebook of what seems to be Starship Troopers. Well it's just a video of a flying bug. But people got excited.
Twitch announcement 2 Dec 6PM GMT.

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

CJReich46

Sounds like Bugs to me.

Will we get Skinnies?
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Rayfer

I hope the game is better than the movie.

Geezer

I hope the game has Denise Richards and Dina Meyer!   :dreamer:
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

IICptMillerII

Can someone post a link to the teaser? I don't use facebook myself so I have no access to the teaser. Regardless, some kind of wargame set kn the Starship Troopers universe could be a lot of fun!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Rayfer on November 25, 2019, 06:11:40 PM

Are you serious? The first movie was awesome.

Funny this announcement should come now. Was recently going through my old cd game collection and came across the ST rts game, which was actually quite good...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jamus34

Paul Verhoeven was genius before his time in the way he could shape fascist worlds.

The CGI hasn't aged well but still a fun movie that was robbed by lack of power suits.
Insert witty comment here.

RommelFox

One of my favorite movies. 

It's so much fun to watch. 

My ancient Egypt site:
Gods and Pharaohs

CJReich46

Quote from: jamus34 on November 25, 2019, 09:38:33 PM
Paul Verhoeven was genius before his time in the way he could shape fascist worlds.

The CGI hasn't aged well but still a fun movie that was robbed by lack of power suits.

I liked Roughnecks- the animation series. It was pretty good as far as how it dealt with the Bugs and the Skinnies.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Rayfer

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 25, 2019, 08:00:26 PM

LOL....actually, yes.  I thought it was a ridiculous, poorly acted train-wreck ranking right down there with the first Dune movie with Sting.  But who knows, maybe it will make for a compelling game.

Tpek

But it had Denise Richards (back when she was great looking) and a top-less Dina Meyer!

And I, for one, kinda liked the first Dune movie. It was interesting and did some things better than the mini-series (and it's mini-series-sequel).

HoodedHorseJoe

Quote from: Rayfer on November 26, 2019, 07:53:27 AM
LOL....actually, yes.  I thought it was a ridiculous, poorly acted train-wreck...

I don't understand, you're just listing all the reasons why it is the greatest piece of entertainment in history.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Dammit Carl!

Admittedly, I started off going, "what the hell!?!" when I saw the movie but time and "wisdom," has shifted my POV to where I kinda/sorta get where the director was coming from so I can enjoy the movie moreso nowadays.

That aside, a nifty computer game based upon the Troopers' milieu could be pretty sweet.  Reminds me, I've got a copy of the Avalon Hill game somewhere...

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Rayfer on November 26, 2019, 07:53:27 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 25, 2019, 08:00:26 PM

LOL....actually, yes.  I thought it was a ridiculous, poorly acted train-wreck ranking right down there with the first Dune movie with Sting.  But who knows, maybe it will make for a compelling game.

What were you expecting? The Godfather? Casablanca? It sounds like your expectations were way too high.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18