Main Menu

Lost in Friday

Started by Anguille, September 16, 2022, 10:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

From Chris Gaines's Greatest Hits album

I plan to play some Imperium: Greek Wars to get warm for monday's release of the new DLC. Also some Interstellar Space: Genesis.

Otherwise busy weekend: tonight local gig with the city's best rock band (Light Food), tomorrow afternoon soccer game of my eldest son, tomorrow night dance show of my eldest daughter and sunday morning soccer tournament of my youngest son....busy busy  :-"

Have a great weekend

Gusington

Have jumped back in to Assassin's Creed Valhalla and will be cracking open the Irish-themed Wrath of the Druids campaign.

May also fire up an 1100AD-modded game for Rome: Total War...fantastic mod with tons of recent updates and expansions.

And purchasing the Sublime Porte and Rise of the Swiss DLCs for Field of Glory II: Medieval.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Heroes & Generals for sure. 

Messing around with Table Top Simulator and maybe playing some Civ 5 with the R.E.D. WW2 mod by Gedemon. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Wolfe1759

Mainly TTRPGing for me this weekend (Pathfinder 1e) but I'll probably play some Valor & Victory having just downloaded V&V versions of the original Squad Leader scenarios SL-1 – The Guards Counterattack SL-2 – The Tractor Works and SL-3 – The Streets of Stalingrad (download and info on the Matrix site here https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10157&t=387891 )
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Pete Dero

Quote from: Anguille on September 16, 2022, 10:51:06 AM
From Chris Gaines's Greatest Hits album

Never heard of this guy.  And according to many sources this is Garth Brooks' alter ego ! ?   The thunder rolled when I found this  ;).

Getting back in to Steel Beasts with the latest patch 4.363.

I tried Gunner, Heat, PC!  but Steel Beasts is superior in my opinion (and should be for the price tag  :2funny:)

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on September 16, 2022, 10:59:03 AM
Have jumped back in to Assassin's Creed Valhalla and will be cracking open the Irish-themed Wrath of the Druids campaign.

May also fire up an 1100AD-modded game for Rome: Total War...fantastic mod with tons of recent updates and expansions.

And purchasing the Sublime Porte and Rise of the Swiss DLCs for Field of Glory II: Medieval.

Sounds good!  Me...boardgames 'n' Arma III and DCS.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Been on a wee bit of a pen-n-paper RPG buy as of late; picked up a couple of "Bundles," of DCC, Aces and Eights, and whatnot.  Think it's time to pull the pdfs and give them a good read (DCC looks mucho funo) and ruminate.  Believe a Gillespie megadungeon added to one of these things (DCC, C&C, L&L et al) could be an amusing romp.

Otherwise, I've been on a 7DtD binge and can indulge in my inner anti-zombie engineer in more ways than one, much to my surprise.

-roll for initiative, assholes, and have a good one!

SirAndrewD

My "All" DCS actually wasn't quite hyperbole.  Since my girlfriend is out of town with her son for the weekend, I'm setting this aside to FINALLY get all my modules mapped with my full VPC set. 

The joys of DCS spending hours and hours mapping just so you can finally play the game.  Then you get a new controller. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on September 16, 2022, 02:23:54 PM
^Which DCS?

I've been running various anti-shipping strikes around Cyprus.  Even the SeaCat missile can shoot down planes if they get a little too close.  Reportedly it shot down
Daggers in the Falklands, but more recent sources suggest something else shot those planes down or they had cases of controlled flight into terrain (checked an early
source -- no Daggers, but half-a-dozen A4Cs.  DCS has always
rated SAMs pretty highly -- but still I'm surprised when a SeaCat hits a plane.

No surprise here:

Sir Slash

No gaming for me. I got Anniversary-kind-of-things to do. Have a great one Grogs.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^Congrats to you and Madam Slash.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd