B-17 repaints

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, December 17, 2018, 03:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

I picked up a 2nd copy of the B-17F and G models for Wings of Glory during the Black Friday sales and had a go at modifying their paint schemes just to add some variation.  They're ahistorical but I think they came out alright.

Original (Memphis Belle) on the left. 

Original B-17G on the right (Bit of Lace).

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Staggerwing

Nice! How big are those things?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Silent Disapproval Robot

1:200 scale.  Approx 4.5" long and 6" wingspan.

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

acctingman

Thanks for the pics and telling us the scale.

I've been wondering if I should go 1/200 or larger for my 15mm world war two gaming. I think 1/200 will be dandy!

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Jarhead0331

Thy look great, but seem to be flying VERY low to the ground. Didn't think B-17s flew nap of the earth.  :2funny:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'd attach them to drones and fly them around the table but the powers that be up here in Canuckistan have decreed that such destructive power would be too much to entrust to the hands of a civilian.  Gotta keep 'em low and slow.