Matrix Games announce Command: Modern Operations (CMANO successor)

Started by al_infierno, September 03, 2019, 11:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

al_infierno

^ Seriously, if it's what it sounds like -- CMANO including land combat -- it will be solidly in my top-3 most anticipated games, along with Steel Tigers and Second Front.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Old TImer

Looks amazing.  And as good as CMANO is.........
Wonder what they're gonna charge for this....nevermind
the optional 3-D component.  Could be quite pricey.

Grim.Reaper

I knew this would happen when I just purchased on the remaining DLC In a sale this year:)

Thomasew

Hi,

Looks good .. :)

According to info on the forums, ..

There will be an upgrade price for existing CMANO owners .. :)

CMANO DLC and Scenarios will be compatible with CMO .. :)

Cheers
Tom
He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Thomasew on September 03, 2019, 05:19:38 PM
Hi,

Looks good .. :)

According to info on the forums, ..

There will be an upgrade price for existing CMANO owners .. :)

CMANO DLC and Scenarios will be compatible with CMO .. :)

Cheers
Tom

Thats great news....

Con

I like the comment on the youtube video if Herman has arrived yet.... :D

jomni

Wonder if all old scenarios and dlc are supported.
Money down the drain?

Though I haven't had time to play all of them in the original version.

Grim.Reaper

snippet from matrix

Just to answer some of the common questions

* All CMANO scenarios can be loaded in to CMO, so you will to play all your existing scenarios. The aim is to have CMO recognise your installed DLC for CMANO so all the content you already bought will just appear in CMO, assuming we can iron out all the technical wrinkles to make that happen!
* All base game scenarios from CMANO are being updated to add support for new features and generally improve them in CMO.
* CMO uses a new file format so while you can load up CMANO scenarios on CMO, you wont be able to take CMO scenarios back to CMANO.
* There will be a significant incentive for players who want to upgrade from CMANO to CMO, so you will not be paying the full price if you already own CMANO. Details TBD.

al_infierno

- MengJiao

MetalDog

Quote from: Con on September 03, 2019, 05:42:38 PM
I like the comment on the youtube video if Herman has arrived yet.... :D

One of the most lol things I've read on the internet today!  >:D
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MikeGER

cant wait so see some ingame video footage of the land combat :)

and how major roads and rivers effect the movement/pathfinding
and the resolution of the underlaying terrain elevation grid