John Tiller Software - Summer Sale

Started by Compass Rose, June 30, 2020, 08:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Compass Rose

From JTS:

John Tiller Software is pleased to announce our 2020 Summer sale. From July 1st - July 19th every title that has been out longer than 12 months will be on sale in our store for $29.95. No order minimums to receive the discount pricing.

The only games not included in this are:

Japan '46
Campaign Shenandoah
Wolfpack
Wellington's Peninsular War
Serbia '14

All pricing is active NOW in our Store - https://john-tiller-software.myshopify.com/collections/sale-items

Closing remarks

With this note we officially close the door on the migration process for old HPS customers. I still have a large number of emails in my Inbox for this offer - and I will get to them all, so please be patient... if you have submitted a form or sent in an email you should hear from me in the next few days.

Jarhead0331

Welp...I've got Moscow '42 and Kharkov '42 in the hopper. Thinking about adding Minsk '44. What to do... :pullhair:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

-budd-

Damn email caught me at a weak moment yesterday, i dropped 7 titles in the basket, applied the bulk order discount and never looked back. 3 SB titles, 3 PZ Campaign titles, all west front and threw in REN. Still waiting for my email download links.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rayfer

Quote from: -budd- on July 01, 2020, 09:16:13 AM
Damn email caught me at a weak moment yesterday, i dropped 7 titles in the basket, applied the bulk order discount and never looked back. 3 SB titles, 3 PZ Campaign titles, all west front and threw in REN. Still waiting for my email download links.

Definitely picking up Waterloo today.  Can afford only one other title. Have to decide between a Squad Battles game (a series I've never tried) or ACW Antietam. budd....how are the SB titles or are you new to that series as well?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Rayfer on July 01, 2020, 09:27:37 AM

Definitely picking up Waterloo today.  Can afford only one other title. Have to decide between a Squad Battles game (a series I've never tried) or ACW Antietam. budd....how are the SB titles or are you new to that series as well?

I love SB. They were the first Tiller games I got from HPS. I love the smaller scale, which is mostly on the platoon and company level, and find the scenarios much more manageable.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

Which is the better game, Advance of the Reich or the newer, Red Victory?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

-budd-

SB used to be my favorite scale, think I lean more towards PB but that might be because I've played it more. I'd echo what JH said regarding SB.

Slash I was faced with that same question first time I purchased an SB game, went with RV because it has just about 3 times as many scenarios to choose from and was newer.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

al_infierno

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 01, 2020, 11:03:02 AM
Which is the better game, Advance of the Reich or the newer, Red Victory?

My understanding is that Red Victory is the more popular multiplayer game, but I spent more time with Advance as I prefer to play the Germans.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

nelmsm

I love Red Victory but then i like playing desperate defense with the Germans in 1944 and 1945

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

al_infierno

Quote from: nelmsm on July 01, 2020, 09:01:49 PM
I love Red Victory but then i like playing desperate defense with the Germans in 1944 and 1945

What are some of your favorite German-side scenarios in RV, out of curiosity?  Curious to play that one more.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

devoncop

Quote from: Rayfer on July 01, 2020, 09:27:37 AM

Checked out the new demo for Campaign Waterloo with the new units and maps by WDS.

Ten minutes later.....30 dollars poorer but a happy man. What a difference !

I would have bought more at the reduced price but will wait until more Napoleonics are upgraded.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

nelmsm

Quote from: al_infierno on July 01, 2020, 11:05:22 PM

What are some of your favorite German-side scenarios in RV, out of curiosity?  Curious to play that one more.
I'll get you a list tomorrow of some of my favorites

al_infierno

Quote from: nelmsm on July 02, 2020, 07:35:56 PM
Quote from: al_infierno on July 01, 2020, 11:05:22 PM

I'll get you a list tomorrow of some of my favorites

Thanks  O0

- MengJiao

Toonces

I'd really like to try that Campaign Shennandoha. 

I read the book Stonewall in the Valley a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it.  I wonder how the extra-long marches Stonewall could do over the Union armies could be depicted in a wargame?

There was a really good review of Campaign Vicksburg years ago back when we were on Wargamer, I think.  I really enjoyed the review, but I've always thought the Vicksburg campaign would be a pretty boring game.  Curious to try that out, too.

I have Campaign Gettysburg; I just haven't spent any time at all with it.  The Tiller games always sound more fun than they are once I tackle that interface, LOL.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs