"Feeling Old" 2015 Edition

Started by bayonetbrant, January 15, 2015, 02:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

14 years ago today, Wikipedia went live.

5 years ago today, the Miracle on the Hudson

neither one of which really make me feel all that old, but hey...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GDS_Starfury

2015 and Im still younger then Windy and Bawb.   O0
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bayonetbrant

24 years ago Monday, though, Congress authorized the Use of Force to kick Iraq out of Kuwait...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 15, 2015, 03:01:40 PM
24 years ago Monday, though, Congress authorized the Use of Force to kick Iraq out of Kuwait...

Hmmm... Jan '91, I was a student at UMaine. One of my better semesters as I recall.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Greybriar

On 15 January 1973, President Nixon suspended all U.S. offensive action in North Vietnam. 42 years ago!
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

MetalDog

Super Bowl I...48 years ago today.  And it was called something like, "The AFL-NFL Championship Game."  30,000 empty seats at the Coliseum in L.A. and tickets were ten bucks.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

In January '91 I remember all of my high school buddies and I thinking it was the start of WWIII as Iraq shelled Israel, and we weren't sure what the Russians were going to do. My Grandfather was in the hospital for something or other and I remember him bitching at me "I went to Hell and back [in WWII] and now they're going to start this crap all over again."

If he were alive today he'd be 100 this year and probably flip his lid over the state of the world :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

I was perfect draft fodder in January '91.  I was VERY worried they were going to institute it.  Glad they didn't.  I would have made a terrible soldier.  It's why I didn't join out of high school.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Ha...we were ALL talking about how this would blow up into a big conflict. I even considered joining "before I got drafted." My grandfather was very pleased with this kind of talk. He was VERY disappointed when I joined nothing.

I had high school friends in the 101st that went over there and into Iraq. I remember how hard it was to wrap my mind around that.

Martok

Quote from: mirth on January 15, 2015, 03:20:10 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 15, 2015, 03:01:40 PM

Hmmm... Jan '91, I was a student at UMaine. One of my better semesters as I recall.
In January 1991, I was excited to finally be growing whiskers.  ;D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

GDS_Starfury

Green day has been around for almost 30 years.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 22, 2015, 01:54:54 PM
Green day has been around for almost 30 years.

you say that like it's a good thing

bob48

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 15, 2015, 03:00:31 PM
2015 and Im still younger then Windy and Bawb.   O0

But still not as good looking as either of us.........
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart