My ball aches!

Started by Huw the Poo, July 16, 2013, 03:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

I wasn't going to bother posting this, but then I thought "think of all the mileage Bob will get out of it!"

Sunday afternoon my left testicle started aching like hell.  It was quite worrying obviously, but seemed to clear up of its own accord before I went to bed so I didn't think much of it.  However Monday morning it was back with a vengeance, so I emailed my boss then called my local surgery.  An appointment was made for the same afternoon and I settled down for the day and tried not to move around too much.

Thanks to the internet, I am, of course, a doctor.  Therefore I diagnosed an inguinal hernia.

The surgery is a 15 minute walk from the house, so I walked it (took nearly half an hour).  Arrived at the doc's and he got me to lie on a bed for examination after first asking a few questions about the location and severity of the pain, does it hurt when I make pee pee, any blood etc.  While lying down he first got me to put both legs in the air, exposing my bare white arse for all the world to see.  It didn't hurt to do that, so he ruled hernia out.  Looks like proper medical school can teach you even more about medicine than the internet can!

Next he gave my balls a good prodding, which did hurt.  He asked a few more questions, then said that because he was able to eliminate everything else, I must have epididymitis.  Two weeks of antibiotics which will "hopefully" clear it right up.

I can't say it was the best day of my life.  I had today off work too, but stupidly told my boss I'd be in tomorrow.  I feel like I've been kicked in the balls, only all day long.  When I sit in the same position for more than a minute the pain disappears, but as soon as I move it's back again.  I hope these antibiotics kick in soon. :(

bob48

Huw. My buddy. I sympathise. Having had an hernia and the subsequent repair operation, and an enlarged testicle due to an infection after a vasectomy, your tale has brought tears to my eyes.

I promise not to extract the urine, or make any dreadful puns about your plight.

You should have taken a week off work instead of a day - so that that was bit of a balls-up (oops, sorry!) on your part.

Still, it'll soon clear up so no chance of you being ready for the knackers yard yet.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Huw the Poo

:D :D :D

I knew you'd come up with the goods, Bob!

I should've asked him to perform a vasectomy while he was down there really, I've planned to have one for ages.

bob48

That's what friends are for mate  ;)

'Clip those corners'

bayonetbrant

as soon as Bob offers to kiss it to make it feel better, I'm having Longblade ban him for a week just on principle.

I hope you feel better soon Huw
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Huw the Poo

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 16, 2013, 03:51:29 PM
as soon as Bob offers to kiss it to make it feel better, I'm having Longblade ban him for a week just on principle.

Haha!  He should be so lucky! :D

QuoteI hope you feel better soon Huw

Thanks mate!

airboy

OK - I can beat you.  I had two surgeries in the exact same area.  They started with a similar diagnosis.  Hope yours gets cured with drugs.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: airboy on July 16, 2013, 04:05:45 PM
OK - I can beat you.  I had two surgeries in the exact same area.  They started with a similar diagnosis.  Hope yours gets cured with drugs.

Yeesh!  Yep that sure does beat mine for the time being.  Would you care to share your story?  Why surgery, and why twice?!  Did your doc try antibiotics first?

bob48

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 16, 2013, 03:51:29 PM

I hope you feel better soon Huw

LOL - I can definitely say that that's one option to effect a cure that I would assiduously strive to avoid.

'Clip those corners'

Gusington

Glad to here it's only one ball, Huw.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Sorry to hear that Huw. Talk about a ball-buster.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

Hope you get better quickly Huw
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

GDS_Starfury

Feel Better!   and get on the ball about that vasectomy.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

LongBlade

The ball is in Huw's court now, Star.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Toonces

Ah nuts, Huw.  That's terrible.   8)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs