B-17 Graphics Upgrade (Starting with B-24 and Lancaster)

Started by PanzersEast, April 15, 2015, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

I'm upgrading some graphics starting with the B-24 Variant of B-17 QotS.  I have a flip board of the Battle Map from a one the way to the target then over the target.....

Combat Board En route

Combat Board Over Target (reverse)

Positions Board

Cheers,
PE

GJK

Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

PanzersEast

Now by night in the Lancaster - Graphic enhancement.

En route to target

Over Target

Jamm

When the going gets weird
the weird turn pro

JudgeDredd

I bought B-17 second hand because I had heard alot about it - got it, opened it, sorted it, read some rules and put it away.

Is the game as immersive (or as good) as I have read? I don't know why I put it away again - perhaps I thought (on an initial look) that the rules were difficult to go with.
Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 29, 2015, 11:49:51 AM
I bought B-17 second hand because I had heard alot about it - got it, opened it, sorted it, read some rules and put it away.

Is the game as immersive (or as good) as I have read? I don't know why I put it away again - perhaps I thought (on an initial look) that the rules were difficult to go with.

It is. It's a fun game, the rules are not that difficult but there is a lot of chart searching while playing. There are few real decisions to be made and some feel they are just along for the ride, but the Ride is what it's all about. I've had my copy for about 25 years now and I still pull it out to play now and again.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

I'm going to try to start up that AAR I have posted to give a better sense of the game.

But yeah, JD, dive in. The first 10 missions or so are pretty short and simple (though they do have a chance at getting pretty hairy).

DennisS

As near as I can tell, I have played B-17: QotS about ten thousand missions' worth...as much as any board game ever played. Strat-O-Matic might run a close second.

If there were ever a faithful computer version of this, then that would be ... earth-altering. Vassal mods don't count.