Grand Tactician, American Civil War

Started by Phantom, May 04, 2018, 01:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantom

This looks interesting...

http://www.grandtactician.com/thecivilwar/index.html

...and apologies if someone (probably Jarhead) has already posted about this six months ago :)

Gusington

Got a promo email from this developer yesterday, looks engaging.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

I might sense a moistening of the loins. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bboyer66

My loins are officially moistened !!!!!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Geezer

So many games, so little time, but I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

bbmike

"...a real time strategy game..."  :-\
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bobarossa

This is from Keppelmuller, the Seven Years War guy.  I bought his last game but it's still part of my gaming backlog.

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on May 04, 2018, 03:09:13 PM
"...a real time strategy game..."  :-\

Yeah, that dried my loins a bit.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

Maybe it will be pauseable real time.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

fabius

Last game was plausible, and battles were at a great pace. Sort of how I wish Total War was on pace and scale but without TW graphics.

This vid gives a glimpse of pace towards the end.

Cyrano

I admire their spirit.  Based on Doug's reviews, the SYW offering smacked of Napoleon 1813, which is to gaming what Gilliam's "Don Quixote" was, until recently, to movie making.

I wish them well.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

fabius

Yeah and SYW was one man effort if I remember right.

Now it's more guys, including art, and new engine that can handle, quote:
QuoteThe engine should support everything between 1600-1899, but the setting/theme of the first title will be revealed later