HeadFRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, December 18, 2020, 07:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyzBP

Quote from: Gusington on December 18, 2020, 11:50:23 AM
PREACH IT BROTHER.

Thank you!

OMG this thing is a history lovers rabbit hole in the best way  :notworthy:

Dan Carlin is legendary.  Blueprint to Armageddon (covers WWI) might be the best podcast ever.  Please give that a listen to as well.  You won't regret the 24 hours you'll invest.

Test driving a bunch of recent random purchases.  Epic Tavern, Rising Star 2, FM21, Strategic Command Classic Global and Close Combat: The Longest Day.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

88mmkwk

For "HeadFRIDAY", I am "heading" over to Spectrum after 15+ years of having Frontier (formerly Verizon) FIOS.  I'm switching for one main reason - Frontier dropped Fox Sports West and as diehard Angels fans, that is a non-negotiable for me and my wife.  I've been pleasantly surprised at Spectrum once I got into research mode about having Spectrum:

• Frontier had me at 50/50 mbps.  Spectrum is giving me a free upgrade from their baseline 200/20 to 400/20 (Spectrum has fiberoptic to the curb in our neighborhood! \m/ ).  I don't upload a lot of content, but the download speeds at 8x is nice and leads into the next bullet.
  • I don't want to rent cable boxes any more and CableCard never really took off.  But I discovered that Spectrum TV can be accessed via a Spectrum TV App on Smart TV's, eliminating the need for a cable box.  The only downside is it triggered me to go buy 2 new Samsung 4K UHD Smart TV's, and I'm actually very happy with them!  My previous TV's were a decade old and oh how technology has progressed!
  • The new Smart TV's will get their signal completely over WiFi.  So I also got a new WiFi 6 router to carry the 400 mbps signal.  It's just my wife and i at home so we'll have more than enough bandwidth.
  • Because the TV's get everything via WiFi (we don't use DVD's anymore), I will be able to reach the nirvana of having a TV on the wall with nothing but a power cord connection.  This is something I've wanted for a while!

While I wait for all the goodies to be installed and configured, I'll keep moving forward in the SGS - Afrika Korp tournament.  We're on turn 6 of scenario 1 and my Allied force is pressing forward westward after having captured Tobruk and Bardia.  Capture of one more objective space will make it a real challenge for the Italians to pull out a win by game end after turn 8....
Gaming Rig:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop w/Pen Support
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz w/16GB RAM
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD
27" Dell S2716DG 144Hz 1440p with GSync at 2560x1440

-----------------------------------
"Still here and alive. On kindlenso thisnwill be short.  Of wtf.
Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces

Tripoli

Quote from: Myrmidon on December 18, 2020, 05:53:26 PM
Dominions MP for me, along with my new Outpost in Dwarf Fortress.  Instead of the production of metal artifacts, weapons and armor, I'm going to be trying to focus on being a major Brewery, with a top notch Inn. 

The Expanse season 5 is out, so gotta come up with some time to start watching that.

I just played my first game of Dominions with some friends on Thursday using Tabletop Simulator.  It is a fun, easy lift card game.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

MengJiao

Quote from: Father Ted on December 18, 2020, 01:40:23 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 18, 2020, 09:13:45 AM
Other than that, Rise of Flight...and IL2 Flying Circus.

Just curious as to whether you see much difference between the two - I haven't been back to RoF since FC came out.

Some day FC will have some of the less iconic planes.  Meanwhile...I'm going to an island for a bit...back in a few weeks.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Dammit Carl!

MengJiao

airboy

After winning 2 games of Conquest of Elysium - I've moved to Spiderweb Software's "Queens Wish: The Conquest."  I like this world and concept better than any of the other Spiderweb games I've played.

Still, the primitive nature of the game (graphics, game play) will probably cause it to be shunned by many.  Great, low requirement game to take on a long flight - assuming we get to actually travel in 2021.