Breach & Clear Meets Frozen Synapse

Started by RooksBailey, May 24, 2014, 04:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RooksBailey

Somehow I missed this a few weeks back.  It is great to see such cross-game cooperation!

FS is still one of my favorite games of all times.  Well made, fun to play, and the best music ever.   :smitten:

Anybody ever try the PC edition of Breach & Clear?  It looks interesting, too.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: RooksBailey on May 24, 2014, 04:02:43 AM

A previous thread that had a little info....I have it, but hasn't really grabbed me as much as door kickers....

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=9638.msg245768#msg245768

RooksBailey

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 24, 2014, 06:02:36 AM
Quote from: RooksBailey on May 24, 2014, 04:02:43 AM

A previous thread that had a little info....I have it, but hasn't really grabbed me as much as door kickers....

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=9638.msg245768#msg245768

Thanks for the link, I missed that thread. 

Seems like tactical turn-based games are becoming very popular again.  Jagged Alliance, Door Kickers, Frozen Synapse, Breach and Clear, and who knows what next.  It is good to see this genre come back so strongly.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Nefaro

Quote from: RooksBailey on May 24, 2014, 04:24:01 PM

Thanks for the link, I missed that thread. 

Seems like tactical turn-based games are becoming very popular again.  Jagged Alliance, Door Kickers, Frozen Synapse, Breach and Clear, and who knows what next.  It is good to see this genre come back so strongly.

I think turn-based strategy games have been making a mainstream comeback in the past few years. 

skeptical.platypus

I have played Breach and Clear, but not Frozen Synapse. I finally pulled the trigger on Door Kickers. I definitely prefer door kickers, too. I mean like door kickers is actually the awesome sauce that everyone says it is.

That game sets a bar for playability and technical polish that is rare among published games, let alone a pre access. If you liked SWAT3 or 4, you'll like Door Kickers.

I should point out tho that when loading the game, singing "Door Kick-ers" loudly to sounds of james bond theme  "Gold Fin-ger" helps a LOT.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

steve58

Just a heads up the Breach and Clear is part of the current Humble Bundle.  Currently $4.78 to unlock/access it...

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)