Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 21, 2013, 10:30:51 AM
^blow her away, dude!

First thing i tried, with a combat shotgun no less ;D

I must say this is a very good single player FPS so far. The atmosphere is good, in fact the music sound effect stuff was starting to grate on nerves[in a good way- with headphones]]. The gun play is satisfying you hold down the trigger you wont hit shit with the auto's and the enemies aren't completely stupid, they flank, use cover fire and grenades and use cover[well mostly]. If you try to just run & gun you will die. Plenty of cover to use and they don't throw dozens of enemies at you. The limited slow motion time you can enable gets you out of tough spots if used right.
Well hope to get more F.E.A.R time later....Alma is still dogging me and now i've got some disappearing ninja types stalking me....Bastards....there gonna get the combat shotgun to the face cure.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

LongBlade

I remember really enjoying FEAR. Good stuff :)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Jarhead0331

Which one are you playing? I can't tell from the pics.  I have played and enjoyed the first and second games in the trilogy.  I have the third, but have never fired it up.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Nefaro

Got a Turkish F-4 in a vertical dogfight when a B-52 flashed by immediately afterward.  Was admiring my handiwork on that one when I was caught unawares.

LongBlade

That's quite a beating Nefaro.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

undercovergeek

Great shots Nef

Continuing the vanilla SIITW Uesegi campaign.............

After beseigeing his castle for almost a year the enemy attemps a break out. Before i could settle the lines of archers to command the top of the hill and get them some proper melee protection in place, his light infantry charge straight at them just as my warrior monks arrive

This is their commander from another angle -

Down in the bottom of the valley, the ashiguru clash. I saw this personal battle as i scanned to see how we were doing - a quick thrust to the neck and it was all over

Martok

Nice screenies, 'geek

That reminds me:  How do I take screenshots in Shogun 2 (I have the regular Steam version)?  I know it's been mentioned like a million times, but I can never remember.  :-[ 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

ive mapped FRAPS to use F12, but whenever i press it the game also take its own screenshot and stores it in the game library - i assume the games default picture key is F12 too

TheCommandTent

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 25, 2013, 09:25:55 AM
ive mapped FRAPS to use F12, but whenever i press it the game also take its own screenshot and stores it in the game library - i assume the games default picture key is F12 too

Correct, F12 in STEAM games takes a screenshot and saves it to your STEAM screenshot folder.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

jomni

My steam won't capture screens shots for some reason.  I have mapped the default key F12.

Nice screens.  You've got a lot of archers there.

Martok

Thanks guys.  I'll give it a try when I fire up the game next. 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

jomni

My modern troops take on medieval samurai rebels.

Our deployment.  Rifle men in front, spearmen in the rear, artillery in the center, cavalry in the wings.

Artillery seems to be less effective against moving samurai.  Must be because of their speed.  They take less casualties than modern troops.

The attacking cavalry disintegrates.

Melee.  It didn't last long as the enemy are severely weakened by gunfire.

My general's contingent chases the routed enemy.  They use their revolvers.

The aftermath.

One of my units gets annihilated, the Tosa Riflemen (skirmishers, clan-specific unit).

Martok

Nice shots jomni.  That battle looked pretty epic. 

jomni

Quote from: Martok on June 26, 2013, 11:01:33 AM
Nice shots jomni.  That battle looked pretty epic.

Yes. It was quite a large battle and reminiscent of The Last Samurai.
Though a bit anti climactic as it ended pretty quickly when the two forces met for melee.

Though I may dominate the land battles... Things are't going well for my Emperor-loving crew.  The Shogun's side have more provinces and allies and I'm quickly running out of money as their navy is bombarding my industry every turn.  Already in the last year of the campaign.  Just want to see how this pans out.