Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Quote from: PanzersEast on July 25, 2013, 09:51:10 AM
The last guy standing and everyone had to get a shot in......
Ha!  That's awesome. 

You've gotta name him Boromir (if only posthumously). 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Nefaro

My submachinegun-toting Dwarf Mage in Shadowrun Returns

jomni

We're off to bomb an airbase in Egypt

Spotted two MiG-21s.  I dropped stores and engaged.

Luckily, my wingmen still has their bombs so I ordered them to strike the base.

-budd-

Quote from: Nefaro on July 25, 2013, 03:25:47 PM

I'd like to see and hear more about machine gun toting dwarfs ;D The term made me look up the game and add to my wishlist for closer inspection. If it's not to much to ask how about some more screens with impressions when you get the time.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Staggerwing

Quote from: jomni on July 25, 2013, 06:37:51 PM
We're off to bomb an airbase in Egypt

Some nice shots of 'Heinemann's Hot-Rod' in action!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

jomni

I really like the A-4. It can outmatch a MiG-21 in a turning gunfight.

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on July 25, 2013, 09:50:09 PM
I really like the A-4. It can outmatch a MiG-21 in a turning gunfight.

If the MiG AI in SF2 is any good, it would push an energy fight against the bantam bomber.   Not sure if it has different approaches to dogfighting, however, as the role would be reversed against the F-4s that were prominent in the first of the series.  Random thought.  :o

Quote from: -budd- on July 25, 2013, 08:08:47 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on July 25, 2013, 03:25:47 PM

I'd like to see and hear more about machine gun toting dwarfs ;D The term made me look up the game and add to my wishlist for closer inspection. If it's not to much to ask how about some more screens with impressions when you get the time.

I'll post a few more observations in the Shadowrun Returns thread after putting in some more time and checking out the first example of user-created content. 

I would've posted a couple more screenshots, but I don't think there's an in-game command for capturing screenies so I had to C&P one at a time, after I exit the game.  Since it's also iOS capable, the bastards have a checkpoint save system only.  That means that if the game happens to lock up or bug out when minimized, I'll have to start from the beginning of the level.  I just need to d/l and install Greenshot on this computer sometime.

jomni

Yes.  If the Ai is smart enough to take advantage of its speed....  Sometime it's just plain dumb.   Like the two migs I shot down.  I think in this case,  they were concentrating on returning to base and did not fight back. Maybe low on fuel.

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on July 26, 2013, 01:19:57 AM
Yes.  If the Ai is smart enough to take advantage of its speed....  Sometime it's just plain dumb.   Like the two migs I shot down.  I think in this case,  they were concentrating on returning to base and did not fight back. Maybe low on fuel.

I regularly see that in SF2, when enemy AI-controlled aircraft are en-route or RTB.  I try to chalk it up to them not seeing me, but I've also caught them with their pants down in a nearly head-on merge when they've done the same. 

They regularly snap out of it but not always before they're already disadvantaged.

PanzersEast

First trip to N. Africa (Tunis)... departing on a ferry.  Once I arrived, noticed a danger sign of bad curve ahead... then learned why it was...

Ohhh... that's why

Kushan

Quote from: Nefaro on July 26, 2013, 12:58:20 AM
I would've posted a couple more screenshots, but I don't think there's an in-game command for capturing screenies so I had to C&P one at a time, after I exit the game.

Are you playing it on Steam? If so does the default f12 key not work? I always thought that Steam would take a screenshot even if a game didn't have it built in.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

bob48

I'm really impressed with the shots of the ACW mod for TWE, and in fact, I did not actually know that there was such a mod.

However, I've now downloaded it but not yet installed it. I generally don't mod games so I need a bit of advice before I proceed. Can I mod directly from the download (which I've saved to a temporary directory) or is it best to use a mod manager, and if so, what is a good one to use?

Any advice appreciated.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Kushan

Quote from: bob48 on July 27, 2013, 04:50:25 PM
I'm really impressed with the shots of the ACW mod for TWE, and in fact, I did not actually know that there was such a mod.

However, I've now downloaded it but not yet installed it. I generally don't mod games so I need a bit of advice before I proceed. Can I mod directly from the download (which I've saved to a temporary directory) or is it best to use a mod manager, and if so, what is a good one to use?

Any advice appreciated.

The ACW Mod can be installed into your main ETW directory. When you start it, it opens up a launcher. When you close the launcher it will give you the option to revert your ETW install to the vanilla game or keep ACW installed so you don;t have to go through the process a second time.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

jomni

Quote from: PanzersEast on July 27, 2013, 01:23:55 PM
First trip to N. Africa (Tunis)... departing on a ferry.  Once I arrived, noticed a danger sign of bad curve ahead... then learned why it was...

Ohhh... that's why

Modded region?

PanzersEast