Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Nice screen shot. :) gotta get that in the future.

W8taminute

Nefaro,

That screenshot of yours is quite unlike the official screenies of the game.  Your screen actually looks fairly decent.  Better than the official versions because one can see the finer map details more clearly.  The town icons for instance don't look too bad imo even though they have been criticized. 

The military stance buttons seem to be gone and replaced by a single button for the whole unit container? 

The only thing I will comment on negatively is that the unit icons in the unit container at the bottom of the screen kind of look like blue tinted scrabble pieces arranged in the wooden tray holder. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

Quote from: W8taminute on October 02, 2013, 02:29:39 PM
Nefaro,

That screenshot of yours is quite unlike the official screenies of the game.  Your screen actually looks fairly decent.  Better than the official versions because one can see the finer map details more clearly.  The town icons for instance don't look too bad imo even though they have been criticized. 

Yeah, the artwork is pretty good.  I'm liking the map graphics too, because when you see them up close in hi-res the textures actually look pretty damn good.  That's easier to see with a non-winter shot, however.  I was originally a bit wary of how the map looked before I purchased, and it's still kinda hard to make out some of the region borders, but I'm happy with it overall.

QuoteThe military stance buttons seem to be gone and replaced by a single button for the whole unit container?

Unfortunately the Stance and Aggressiveness buttons are all rolled up into a single button, so we now have to press the appropriate one before all four are available for use.  This just makes for more unnecessary UI button pressing and hope this doesn't continue to be the case in future titles.  Pocus told me that the new interface doesn't allow for all eight of those buttons to be placed back out in the open right now, but they're adding hotkeys for them.  I don't think the new Order slide-out UI features really gave anything in the way of better functionality, and it's worse in the case of the Stance & Aggressiveness 'ROE' buttons.

I hope they can get them back to easier access in the future.  :-[

QuoteThe only thing I will comment on negatively is that the unit icons in the unit container at the bottom of the screen kind of look like blue tinted scrabble pieces arranged in the wooden tray holder.

For some reason the 'counters' at the bottom of my screen are sitting a few pixels higher than the background behind them.  That screenie was taken on my laptop, at 1366x768 so the vertical space isn't very large so that may have cramped things up a bit.  I've not been concerned with it because the hotspot for the Edge Screen Scrolling is a bit larger than I'd like therefore I keep accidentally Edge-scrolling the map when pointing at something near the side of the screen.   This just helps keep my mouse cursor that much further away from the edge, so I've not mentioned it.   I should probably ask for the edge hotspot to be reduced a bit instead.  Along with turning the opacity of the unit counters to full because we don't really need to see a vague image of the map through them. 

Nefaro

General Grant's Army of the Tennessee moving against Beauregard's Army at Corinth.  I have McClernand's Corps in strategic reserve, covering against a reb Corp floating about somewhere and moving to keep Beauregard from sneaking by northeast towards the Tennessee River.

Off-screen is General Pope's army preparing for an amphibious assault on Island Number 10 on the Mississippi River. General Buell is to the east, on the other side of the Tennessee River, capturing some important industrial cities and rail junctions.  :)

Thus far Grant hasn't been surprised in a morning Shiloh attack.  ;)

Mr. Bigglesworth

Wargame Airland Battle

2 posts due to size limit.

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Mr. Bigglesworth

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Bison

Your screenshots Budd just make me want to fire up the original again too.

Three hours into Bioshock Infinite and I much prefer the story line of the original.  It's not a bad game graphically or for a rails shooter, but the story isn't really doing it for me so far. 

-budd-

finished it a few years ago on the PS3..much prefer keyboard and mouse. Not sure if i'm going to get #2 it wasn't bad...but it wasn't #1
Not sure if my little ol laptop can run infinite...how's the atmosphere in infinite, #1 had it in spades.

Bison

Well I'm still early in the game, but right now I just don't think it's quite up to the same level as Bioshock (#1).  It's the same feeling I had with Bioshock 2.  Good game, great graphics, decent rails shooter, but it just doesn't have the same sort of dark, dreary atmosphere as the original.

LongBlade

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on October 03, 2013, 09:14:10 PM
Wargame Airland Battle

I believe I've upped the number of attachments to six. Try it and see.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: LongBlade on October 06, 2013, 12:54:40 PM
Wargame Airland Battle

The issue was the 2000k. The images were about 600k, 650k, 750k.

-budd-

4 hours in.....Rapture is as good as i remember it... This really is a well balanced game.....Big Daddy's are tough......Rapture's calling Bison ;)

Bison

At this point, I'm just playing Bioshock Infinite to finish the game.  I guess the story is compelling in it's own way, but the game play is meh.  I'm not sure what it is but it just doesn't have the same ability to draw me into the storyline.

LongBlade

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on October 06, 2013, 02:51:17 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on October 06, 2013, 12:54:40 PM
Wargame Airland Battle

The issue was the 2000k. The images were about 600k, 650k, 750k.

Roger. I've bumped it significantly. 10 MB is probably too much. Hopefully it won't be abused.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.