Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 03, 2012, 03:28:10 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 02, 2012, 01:17:00 PM
Constructing Tannhauser Gate Civilian Space Station - Earth Orbit

Nice! A Blade Runner shout-out!

Yeah...couldn't resist.  I've also got an aliens one in there.  I named a Research Lab after Weyland Yetuni.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

LongBlade

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 03, 2012, 03:35:39 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 03, 2012, 03:04:43 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on November 03, 2012, 02:37:34 PM
JH

I think I have it lined out but I need to use maybe fraps to check my FPS to make sure, but performance has increased.  I have not had a battle yet, what are your video options set at.

PE

All graphics options are checked except, "windowed." Resolution is 1024x720 and texture quality is maxed out.

youve turned me into a graphics whore - based on screenshots alone ive never wanted a game as much as this

A shameful statement. Send me five more CKII AARs as penance.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

undercovergeek

Huw the Poo

Quote from: LongBlade on November 03, 2012, 05:50:08 PM
A shameful statement. Send me five more CKII AARs as penance.

Hahaha!  I like your style, LB!

Oche

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 03, 2012, 12:37:07 PM
And some more

You know - I'm extremely thankful to Photobucket for giving me free hosting - but their site is bugged to hell!

Nice pics, love the world ambience in this simulation it shows that is getting better, i bet it must feel very rewarding getting all that freight to final destination  :P

Oche

Took some random pics in some scenarios for WINSPWW2:

And for WINSPMBT:

JudgeDredd

I used to love Steel Panthers and if ever there is a game begging for an update - it'd be that one.

I'm only talking about graphically and interface...gameplay was superb. But I just couldn't play anything that looked like that now. I'm a bit of a graphics whore and on top of that - they just hurt my eyes. In fact, iirc I used to find it difficult to find units even back then! (which I guess maybe equates to excellent implementation of camouflage!)
Alba gu' brath

Oche

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 04, 2012, 03:40:02 AM
I used to love Steel Panthers and if ever there is a game begging for an update - it'd be that one.

I'm only talking about graphically and interface...gameplay was superb. But I just couldn't play anything that looked like that now. I'm a bit of a graphics whore and on top of that - they just hurt my eyes. In fact, iirc I used to find it difficult to find units even back then! (which I guess maybe equates to excellent implementation of camouflage!)

I agree about graphics but i can wait as long as it takes for a worthy successor for the Steel Panthers series (which won't be easy to find), however, i'm sure that most of us grognards will not be cheated so easily by a game rushed out flooded with eyecandy galore ;D and raw buggy gameplay. At least we have been having updates of WINSPWW2 and WINSPMBT making gameplay experience a lot better, and that will have to do for the time being. 

Grim.Reaper

I have the same issue with the close combat games too....graphics aren't horrible, although outdated, but what frustrates me the most, I can't freaking see my own units!  If they just did something to make that better, it would be a step in the right direction.

LongBlade

The problem with Steel Panthers is that the source code was released to the public domain with the caveat that no one make money on it.

So the game actually *has* been updated, but the only way to pay for that dev time is to sell scenarios and campaigns. The base game must be given away for free.

The result is the four-campaign pack from Matrix that is sold for $80. It's well worth it, but not everyone wants to pay that price.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

I tried to back on play one of the updated Steel Panthers games, but the graphics made my ears bleed; they are so horrid.

Ashcloud

Quote from: Oche on November 03, 2012, 07:55:52 PM
Took some random pics in some scenarios for WINSPWW2:

And for WINSPMBT:

How the hell do you get those screen resolutions on Steel Panthers? I can't get it higher than 800x600

Jarhead0331

You have to buy the CD version from Shrapnel. They support resolutions up to 1024x760, I think.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

PanzersEast

Tomcats over Europe

Screenshot from WarZ, I will be doing a write up on my initial impressions of the game.

Yskonyn

Air-to-Air Refueling in DCS A-10C

The GAU-8 remains impressive!

Saying "Hi!" ;)

Nosegear problem...
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."