Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Heh, my pics bring a more peace loving, positive waves, i mean just look how beautiful it is out here man!! kind of vibe

Eploring the Basalt Caves.

Healing plants, awesome

Slight planting mishap, one heals me, one kills me, why i planted them next to each other ill never know

Research screen - just what do i feed these?

Bison

undercovergeek

tis Waking Mars, kind of Sim Farm with a jet pack - its on steam green light - there was a great piece on it over at RPS: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/16/wot-i-think-waking-mars/ that i read whilst off sick, and its been a bit of a time-sink ever since

Huw the Poo

It's also part of the Humble Indie Bundle at the moment.  4.5 hours left to grab it!

Hiimori

Elegantly throwing away my gun in Black Ops 2  :P

Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

undercovergeek

Huw the Poo

Hahaha!

"I said I wanted an M16, not this rubbish!  Worst Christmas ever!"

LongBlade

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 22, 2012, 02:45:25 PM
Hahaha!

"I said I wanted an M16, not this rubbish!  Worst Christmas ever!"

Ha!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

jomni

You can count on the Americans for providing us with "state-of-the art" aircraft.  >:(

I flew a British Phantom on a strike mission in Strike Fighters 2.

We encountered some Russians on the way and I took down two of them with Sidewinder missiles.

But one Mig-23 caught my tail even before I can jettison my bombs.

I eventually got shot down by a SAM (no pictures).  These export Phantoms can't defend themselves against more modern missiles.  No ECM, no chaff and flare.  We can't even mount countermeasures on the pylons.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: jomni on November 22, 2012, 07:03:24 PM
I eventually got shot down by a SAM (no pictures).

Heh, is that because you were too busy throwing your joystick across the room? :)

How are you able to dogfight while carrying air-to-ground ordnance?  Is that realistic for a Phantom?

JudgeDredd

Some more FC3

"We're goin' ballistic Mav!"

Mental note to self - switch off labels before taking screen shots!
Alba gu' brath

jomni

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 23, 2012, 01:53:09 AM

Heh, is that because you were too busy throwing your joystick across the room? :)

How are you able to dogfight while carrying air-to-ground ordnance?  Is that realistic for a Phantom?

I did not dogfight. I kept them at some distance.  I was hoping my wingman would protect me when someone fest close.  I evaded and bled a lot of speed with those bombs. That's probably when the SAM got me.

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 23, 2012, 01:53:09 AM

Doesn't look like he was shaking that MiG-23 off so very well so I don't think he actually succeeded at it.   That some serious disadvantage, there.  :o     The -23 isn't exactly a very good dogfighter either, but if it's still got some heaters or is in gun range at that point, it'll be just a matter of time.  ;D 

The thing I'd be concerned about is why enemy SAMs are firing while they have friendly fighters in such close proximity, if he was shot down by a SAM while on the defensive with that MiG.   I didn't think Russian SAM crews (or most any for that matter) would normally be allowed to fire in that situation.

I don't recall how passive the AI aircraft are in Strike Fighters 2 right now, but I recall that in the original, many would just do lazy circles in the air until you shot them down while only a few were real aggressive.  I think that improved quite a bit, though, in the sequel.

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on November 23, 2012, 12:52:31 PM
Doesn't look like he was shaking that MiG-23 off so very well so I don't think he actually succeeded at it.   That some serious disadvantage, there.  :o     The -23 isn't exactly a very good dogfighter either, but if it's still got some heaters or is in gun range at that point, it'll be just a matter of time.  ;D 

The thing I'd be concerned about is why enemy SAMs are firing while they have friendly fighters in such close proximity, if he was shot down by a SAM while on the defensive with that MiG.   I didn't think Russian SAM crews (or most any for that matter) would normally be allowed to fire in that situation.

I don't recall how passive the AI aircraft are in Strike Fighters 2 right now, but I recall that in the original, many would just do lazy circles in the air until you shot them down while only a few were real aggressive.  I think that improved quite a bit, though, in the sequel.

The AI aircraft are not passive.  There's just too many enemy planes flying around.  This is the usual scenario in Strike Fighters Europe.   Less of a problem in Vietnam or Middle East.
Well with regards to the SAM, they will fire at you all the time in this game.  I'm pretty sure that the SAM is radar guided as indicated by my warning system and it will have no chance of hitting that MiG my mistake.  I just don't have ECM and counter measures to defeat that radar SAM threat.   If I resort to wild maneuvers, the F-4 will bleed out speed so fast.  It's a no win situation that I shouldn't be in in the first place.  I replayed the mission and just dumped my bombs (aborted), engaged some MiGs beyond visual range with Sparrows.  And went home.

MetalDog

A test game between Windi and I for the Grogheads Friday Night Rumble:

My character

My starting position

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob