Main Menu

Da Friday thread!

Started by Toonces, August 10, 2012, 01:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

Sweet...I'm home on leave so I can finally post this thread at a (relatively) decent time!

No surprises here...I'll be finishing up Dawnguard for sure (or at least trying to).

I played a few hours of Crusader Kings II as the Duke of Iceland.  I think I was having fun, wasn't I?  I'm not sure.  But I think I will stick with CK2 a bit longer and see if I can figure it out.  I need something to balance out Skyrim.

I'm going to go flight sim free this weekend and stick with strategy gaming. 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Also, just to be clear, I consider CK2 a wargame, so I'm still cool.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

tgb

Panzer Corps:Afrika Korps and SHV (yes, I bought it after seeing what a disaster Legends of Pegasus turned out to be).

Nazilicious! Schnitzel und sauerkraut fur everyone!

Huw the Poo

I'll be playing some multiplayer Warlock, I know that much.  I'm also in the market for a cheap game, so I'll see what the Bargain Bucket on RPS brings. :)

W8taminute

Not going to have too much time for gaming this weekend due to some family bbq's and such but...

I intend to squeeze some game time in somewhere, just don't know what and when.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MengJiao

Quote from: Toonces on August 10, 2012, 01:42:06 PM

Same as last weekend: 

Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue --

I'm one month in on a Russian Offensive starting on May 12, 1942.  German 6th and 2nd Armies mostly wiped out, but even on easy the AI is tough to overwhelm.  On the other hand ther Germans have lost almost 200,000 men and they seem to be coming apart all across the front while STAVKA is getting better at Command and Control and pumping divisions, fuel and supplies into the fronts faster and faster.  On the other hand, the Germans took all of the Crimea, releasing more forces, and with a smaller army they are probably burning less fuel so things are still up in the air.

BUT in other news the Dutch are attacking in Fontenoy and doing miraculously well thanks to miraculous initiative and artillery rolls and Van Yssel is about to open up with the main Dutch battery so I may be distracted from finishing off the Wehrmach by Waldeck's assault on Antoing and Fontenoy.

Keunert

Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue

my secon try on the soviet side. it's getting better all the time...
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Nefaro

Da Dungeons Of Dredmor

Da Political Machine 2?

Da Epilogue roguelike.

And probably something else I didn't mention that catches my fancy, dropping the above mentioned for it.  :D

bob48

White Start Rising / Cobra in da afternoon, and Warlock on-line with huw and 'geek in da evening - very cool!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Greybriar

I don't envy you, Toonces. Your time on leave must be very precious. But I'm glad you are able to do what you like to do instead of having to follow orders for a while at least.

I'm not sure what I will be playing this weekend. My time with Railroad Tycoon II last weekend started something and I will probably be playing a few scenarios in it this weekend. I will most likely be playing a little Civ5 and Warlock as well.

There is also the possibility that one of more of the posters in this thread will make me aware of a game unfamiliar to me and resulting in me trying it out. Thanks in advance for that.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Gusington

Starting my campaign as the Italians (Romans) in Ethiopia in Civ V Gods and Kings, and mayhap some Witcher 2.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

Well, I will start out with CM Italy. Then I will boot up Warlock but quickly turn it off and play more CM Italy!  I punctured my ear drum so I got some happy pills.....should make for interesting combat tactics.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Some building of my B-17 model, some CM:SF British Forces and some Thunderbolt Apache Leader for me
Alba gu' brath

Staggerwing

Quote from: MengJiao on August 10, 2012, 02:31:17 PM
Quote from: Toonces on August 10, 2012, 01:42:06 PM

Same as last weekend: 

Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue --

I'm one month in on a Russian Offensive starting on May 12, 1942.  German 6th and 2nd Armies mostly wiped out, but even on easy the AI is tough to overwhelm.  On the other hand ther Germans have lost almost 200,000 men and they seem to be coming apart all across the front while STAVKA is getting better at Command and Control and pumping divisions, fuel and supplies into the fronts faster and faster.  On the other hand, the Germans took all of the Crimea, releasing more forces, and with a smaller army they are probably burning less fuel so things are still up in the air.

BUT in other news the Dutch are attacking in Fontenoy and doing miraculously well thanks to miraculous initiative and artillery rolls and Van Yssel is about to open up with the main Dutch battery so I may be distracted from finishing off the Wehrmach by Waldeck's assault on Antoing and Fontenoy.

You'll have to fill me in on the power alignments in your game. Are the Dutch an Axis Minor attacking France? Are they an unconquered Allied Minor liberating occupied France? Is this a 'What If?' variant or did your game play out to this particular state from a historical start?

As to my Friday- I'll be lucky to get any gaming in. I might try to re-start my ES: Oblivion game just before I ended up on the Shivering Isles (way too early in the game since I didn't know where I was going and I have most of the of main game to play).
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys