Main Menu

Da Friday thread!

Started by Toonces, August 10, 2012, 01:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Some CMBN PBEMs to sort, hopefully able to get on with ckII and more Aar and then some warlock action with huw and bob

LongBlade

Quote from: Toonces on August 10, 2012, 01:42:06 PM
Also, just to be clear, I consider CK2 a wargame, so I'm still cool.

You're cool anyway.

I'm planning on playing some more Fallout, some Orcs Must Die 2, and...well...I'm sure something else will come up.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Rizik6

PC: Africa Korps and Case Blue.  I'm in the very early learning stage for Case Blue.

mikeck

Quote from: Gusington on August 10, 2012, 05:46:22 PM
How did you do that?

I wish it was a good fight story....but no, had some type of infection that caused a perforation. That hurt, but when they cleaned it out, one of the little ear bone thingies pushed through the hole....it was a lot of fun. Anyway, good now.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

TheCommandTent

I got some boardgaming in tonight with a friend (Kingdom Builder and Hold the Line).  Tomorrow after work I hope I can get some ARMA II in.  I am also seriously considering getting CM:BN but can't make up my mind about it.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

Wow that sounds extraordinarily unpleasant Mikeck.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: TheCommandTent on August 10, 2012, 10:00:01 PM
I am also seriously considering getting CM:BN but can't make up my mind about it.

OK.  Stop and get yourself a CMX2 game.  CMFI would be good only because it's got all the new engine upgrades already.  CMBN is awesome too plus with Commonwealth you can play as the Brits and Canadians.

LongBlade

Quote from: mikeck on August 10, 2012, 08:02:12 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 10, 2012, 05:46:22 PM
How did you do that?

I wish it was a good fight story....but no, had some type of infection that caused a perforation. That hurt, but when they cleaned it out, one of the little ear bone thingies pushed through the hole....it was a lot of fun. Anyway, good now.

Ouch! Get well soon!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Bison on August 10, 2012, 10:02:39 PM
I am also seriously considering getting CM:BN but can't make up my mind about it.

OK.  Stop and get yourself a CMX2 game.  CMFI would be good only because it's got all the new engine upgrades already.  CMBN is awesome too plus with Commonwealth you can play as the Brits and Canadians.

I was somewhat following along in the other CM thread but I am still a bit out of the loop.  Tell me if I got this right.  If I buy CMBN w/ Commonwealth I'll have to pay extra later on to get the CMX2 engine?  If I get CMFI, I get the new engine but won't have the scenarios etc. from CMBN?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Sir Slash

CMBN The Road to Monteborg campaign. I'm finally getting to the end of this sucker, the assault on Le Ham(I'm not making that name up). If you lose these last fights, you lose the campaign. The Germans have trenches, wooden and concrete bunkers and because I lost the last fight,tanks. I've got 2 full companies and count them, 4 Stuart tanks as reinforcements. Sometimes I wonder whose side Eisenhower is on. But that's OK,I've also got 107mm mortars and 8in. howertizers as arty support. My strategy is to hit anything big enough to hide a German behind with 8in. shells and hope my Stuarts are too damned little for the Germans to be able to see them.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mikeck

Quote from: TheCommandTent on August 10, 2012, 10:45:43 PM
Quote from: Bison on August 10, 2012, 10:02:39 PM

I was somewhat following along in the other CM thread but I am still a bit out of the loop.  Tell me if I got this right.  If I buy CMBN w/ Commonwealth I'll have to pay extra later on to get the CMX2 engine?  If I get CMFI, I get the new engine but won't have the scenarios etc. from CMBN?

Yep. CM:N and CM:FI are two different games. Right now, only CM:FI uses the new engine but they are releasing a patch to bring CM:N up to the new engine soon. Personally, I rather like the Italian scenarios better. Lots more infantry and halftrack action and less reliance on heavy tanks
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Bison

Mike beat me to it.  I'm REALLY liking CMFI.  The new UI is fantastic and its a front of the war that is not very often explored in comsims compaired to France and the Eastern Front.  But CMBN is really good too. You will have made a good choice with either of the base games.

Arctic Blast

Was hoping to break in the Sergeants Miniatures Game...but opened up the base game from my lot purchase to find no Story Deck. So that's pretty much a pretty looking paperweight until the replacement deck gets here from Lost Battalion.

I still need to mess around with Okko and try it out, so that will likely be my board game for the weekend.

On the computer front, I may start making my way through my strategy game backlog. Not sure what that will specifically entail yet, though.

Kushan

Not really sure what I'll be playing this weekend. I think my RPG phase is burning out. I've played almost nothing but skyrim and diablo 3 for the last 2-3 months. I'm working tomorrow and It's theoretically supposed to be nice all weekend, so I'm thinking of taking a break from gaming and taking my AR up to the mountains for some shooting on Sunday.

If I play anything it will probably be something like Distant Worlds, were I can set the AI to auto and sit back, relax, and watch the game more or less play itself.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Anguille

I will continue my Gemini Wars campaign (mission 8?), some standard Armada 2526 Supernova pbems and either Strategic War in Europe or Storm over the Pacific as both have just been updated.

Almost forgot: Broken Sword II