Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on September 17, 2022, 07:37:37 AM
^Congrats to you and Madam Slash.

I thought they were divorced.

Anguille

Quote from: Pete Dero on September 16, 2022, 01:56:00 PM
Quote from: Anguille on September 16, 2022, 10:51:06 AM
From Chris Gaines's Greatest Hits album
Never heard of this guy.  And according to many sources this is Garth Brooks' alter ego ! ?   The thunder rolled when I found this  ;).

Yeah, it was done for a pre-soundtrack for a movie which unfortunatelny never happened. I think the idea was really fun and brilliant. But i guess it was too much to ask for the masses.

I do like this album a lot...

bobarossa

After spending the last few months playing Hex of Steel I just installed the latest patch for Old World and I'm going to get back to finishing the tutorials and trying a real game.

Sir Slash

Thanks Gus. 25 Years now. And those are continuous years by the way.  :coolsmiley:  Any woman that'd put-up with me that long automatically qualifies for Sainthood. 
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^I too have been with my wife for 25 years (20 married). We're leaving for Iceland and Denmark next week for a couple of weeks to celebrate.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Age of Empires IV usually coop with friends - Just finished all the masteries for all factions. Now to wait for the two free factions.
il2 Sturmovik - just fired it up and my key mappings were gone, recent normandy patch may have taken them out? I got invited to some sort of tanks supported by aircraft event by a friend. Not really keen and now that my key mappings are gone even less keen. I always enjoy a drive in a tank though. Somehow relaxing. il2 though is a sideshow until a better tank sim with infantry and all the bells and whistles turns up. The tanks are very well done, just that the whole things is not a priority feature wise for the devs.
Nebulous Fleet Command - hopefully
Warno - hopefully. Devs just announced flares and ecm for helicopters, amphibious vehicle capabilities and FOBs coming back in some form. I really like how this game is shaping up.
Holdfast - Been enjoying the odd romp in ww1 and napoleonic times. It's a really good wind down. Shame that I have to play on high ping US servers. But so be it.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Destraex on September 17, 2022, 09:49:08 PM
il2 Sturmovik - just fired it up and my key mappings were gone, recent normandy patch may have taken them out? I got invited to some sort of tanks supported by aircraft event by a friend. Not really keen and now that my key mappings are gone even less keen. I always enjoy a drive in a tank though. Somehow relaxing. il2 though is a sideshow until a better tank sim with infantry and all the bells and whistles turns up. The tanks are very well done, just that the whole things is not a priority feature wise for the devs.

The patch where the ability to assign new mappings per plane buried my mappings in a global setting. 

I'm not sure if they were properly assigned to my devices as I ended up deleting everything anyway and starting fresh with the new controller set. 

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Destraex

Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 17, 2022, 09:53:56 PM
Quote from: Destraex on September 17, 2022, 09:49:08 PM

The patch where the ability to assign new mappings per plane buried my mappings in a global setting. 

I'm not sure if they were properly assigned to my devices as I ended up deleting everything anyway and starting fresh with the new controller set.
Thanks Mr D. At least it was not just me. Sounds like I would have had to start from scratch anyways.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Anguille

Chris Gaines is real  :dreamer:

Pete Dero

Quote from: Anguille on September 20, 2022, 08:21:11 AM

He really is Garth Brooks.

Behind the Life of Chris Gaines (1999) 11/24/1999 (US) Music, Documentary, TV Movie, Comedy 44m

To promote the release of his album Garth Brooks in... The Life of Chris Gaines, Garth Brooks appeared as Chris Gaines in a television "mockumentary," a version of VH1's seminal cable classic Behind the Music, featuring a totally made-up tale that just may be the greatest rock n' roll documentary ever made. This piece of art has everything that makes the story of being a rockstar fucking cool. It has childhood trauma, record label trauma, death, disfigurement, a plane crash, a car crash, sex addiction, redemption, a house fire, random unexplained commentary from Billy Joel, and more sex addiction.

Top Billed Cast :    Garth Brooks      Chris Gaines

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/742629-behind-the-life-of-chris-gaines
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0331880/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Anguille

Quote from: Pete Dero on September 20, 2022, 08:32:04 AM
Quote from: Anguille on September 20, 2022, 08:21:11 AM

He really is Garth Brooks.

Behind the Life of Chris Gaines (1999) 11/24/1999 (US) Music, Documentary, TV Movie, Comedy 44m

To promote the release of his album Garth Brooks in... The Life of Chris Gaines, Garth Brooks appeared as Chris Gaines in a television "mockumentary," a version of VH1's seminal cable classic Behind the Music, featuring a totally made-up tale that just may be the greatest rock n' roll documentary ever made. This piece of art has everything that makes the story of being a rockstar fucking cool. It has childhood trauma, record label trauma, death, disfigurement, a plane crash, a car crash, sex addiction, redemption, a house fire, random unexplained commentary from Billy Joel, and more sex addiction.

Top Billed Cast :    Garth Brooks      Chris Gaines

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/742629-behind-the-life-of-chris-gaines
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0331880/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
I know  <:-)

This video is just brilliant and funny

Pete Dero

Gusington

'Random unexplained commentary from Billy Joel'  ;D

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: Pete Dero on September 20, 2022, 09:10:07 AM
Quote from: Anguille on September 20, 2022, 08:35:15 AM
This video is just brilliant and funny

It's not Spinal Tap :coolsmiley:.
It's not indeed.  :)

But the movie the Lamb wasn't supposed to be a comedy i believe.

Anyway, i think the perception makes a huge difference. When i listen to this album, i hear a Chris Gaines album and it's a great album. I guess everyone listening here to a Garth Brooks album may be disappointed.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Anguille on September 21, 2022, 04:52:18 AM
When i listen to this album, i hear a Chris Gaines album and it's a great album.

If I hadn't looked it up and just listened to the music, I never would have guessed Brooks was behind it.

And nothing is more brilliant and more funny than Spinal Tap when it comes to a mockumentary about artists  \m/.