Berkeley Bans Junk Food Being Displayed at Checkout Lanes

Started by Labbug, September 24, 2020, 07:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

As long as they keep the MD2020 within arms reach   :))
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

How dare they allow consumers to buy what they want!

And the city council of Berkley knows far better what is profitable at stores - they say that selling healthy items will be more profitable.

Leftists can never stop themselves from telling everyone else how to live their lives.

demjansk1942

From California, Illinois, and New York, three top tax states and all three will collapse.  I am sure the Berkeley President is eating his chips and Big Gulps.  Someone, please get a picture, do as I say not as I do, the mantra of politicians.

Gusington

I'm all for letting everyone eat whatever the hell they want - but don't send me your health insurance bill when you have a heart attack @ 40 after a lifetime of pork rinds and Nutella shakes for lunch.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

OK then. Just disregard that bill I put in the mail Gus. The one with the pork rind crumbs all over it.  #:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

demjansk1942

You can't outlaw this stuff, it's more addicting than alcohol and other drugs

jamus34

First off the title is clickbait bullshit. It's not like they are banning the sales of junk food, they are just forcing stores to remove it from the checkout aisle.

I work for a CPG company and know how the supermarket industry plans and works the stores. Those checkout aisles are made and directed for children. Children love candy and the checkout aisle is where you will spend the most idle time (never good with kids).

Overall I think this is an absolutely sound directive. Plus if they are allowed to stock them with jerky instead then bonus rather than making me hunt down the jerky isle.
Insert witty comment here.

Labbug

It is not click bait, the the title does say that junk food is banned from being displayed at checkout lane and does not say stores are banned from selling junk food.