Some interesting new titles added to GOG

Started by Jarhead0331, May 25, 2020, 11:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

With Microprose surging forward with it's Mighty 8th announcement, maybe I'm wrong. I hope so.

I never got to play Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe :(

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Skoop

I lover all three of the MicroProse gunship games.  At the snail pace dcs operates, we may just get a gunship 2020 before dcs gets us an Apache module.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on May 26, 2020, 08:17:10 AM

I never got to play Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe :(

You can still get it and run it through dosBox. The main game and all subsequent additions are available online.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I am a graphics whore...

...that said, I do have Secret Weapons Over Normandy.

Maybe we don't see modern versions of these games because they are more niche now than they used to be 30+ years ago.

I hope the reborn Microprose proves that wrong.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

The funny part will be young gamers today thinking they're the first to play it. Just like my grandkids watching Lion King.  ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I'm sure somewhere out there is an old timer who actually fought as part of a crew on a B17 or B24, reading this and is like 'pfft'

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

I bet the Gunship 2020 remake will suck.  But then the Gunship! 2020 version will be MUCH better...

Gusington

HA! Exclamation points make everything better.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Usually, the games i play the most on GOG are the games i already played back then. It is challenging to start playing an old game you've never played before. I do have many in my collection and try but, as i said, i play the old favorites or games i bought back then but just scratched the surface (played but not to the end).

SteveW

Quote from: SirAndrewD on May 25, 2020, 08:49:49 PM
Yeah, I never played Gunship.  It was one of those Microprose classics I missed. 

I missed F15 Strike Eagle too. 

I put a ton of time into F19 and Gunship 2000.   Gunship 2000 was incredible, I liked it a lot more than even the Jane's Longbow games.

I remember playing F15 Strike Eagle a lot.

I think it was the first co-op I even played. My son and I set two chairs and PCs up with one behind the other so we could sit 'in the plane' :)

Come to think of it, we also played 688 Attack Sub with a red bulb in the light - never seem to get that much into games any more :)

Yskonyn

Wrong thread.. sorry. (Deleted)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."