Lego SR-71 campaign

Started by Jack Nastyface, August 23, 2017, 11:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Nastyface

Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

BanzaiCat

mirth

How many Lego X-men does it carry?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

There will be a mod for that no doubt.

I was thinking of the F-117 fighter that was in the movie Executive Decision. You know, the one where Steven Segal died? Man that was awesome. ;D

bbmike

Cool. But I don't get why you wouldn't build a model instead. A model looks so much better. Afraid of glue and/or paint?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on August 24, 2017, 08:19:26 AM
I was thinking of the F-117 fighter that was in the movie Executive Decision. You know, the one where Steven Segal died? Man that was awesome. ;D

One of my favorite all time action movies because of that.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on August 24, 2017, 08:25:58 AM

I still remember how shocked I was that they killed him off like that. As big as Segal's ego is that couldn't have been an easy thing for him to do, so it made me respect him a bit more as an actor. But then he went and did a metric goat-ton of shite movies, so I guess it evens out.

Quote from: bbmike on August 24, 2017, 08:24:46 AM
Cool. But I don't get why you wouldn't build a model instead. A model looks so much better. Afraid of glue and/or paint?

There's something to be said about putting a model together - a plastic and glue one - but there's something, too, about putting together a Lego model. I can't quite put my finger on it.

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on August 24, 2017, 08:28:18 AM
Quote from: mirth on August 24, 2017, 08:25:58 AM

I still remember how shocked I was that they killed him off like that. As big as Segal's ego is that couldn't have been an easy thing for him to do, so it made me respect him a bit more as an actor. But then he went and did a metric goat-ton of shite movies, so I guess it evens out.

It was great. He pretty much at the peak of his career then and a fairly big star. I was expecting it to be his movie. Then bam, thirty minutes in and he's gone! Sure he had a heroic death, but I was like, "Whoa! The just killed off Seagal!"

Jack Nastyface

Quote from: bbmike on August 24, 2017, 08:24:46 AM
Because, you know...Lego.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

JudgeDredd

When I was into Lego, you got blocks of all sorts of shapes and sizes and...you used your imagination.

That's not to say "my time was better", but I do think giving these preset designs probably stole alot of the creativity away from what Lego was all about.

I guess if they didn't move on into what they do now, it may have died a death because other things were coming along which were"easier" for kids to make things with.

As an example, I bought my nephew (who was 8 or 9 at the time) an Airfix car model kit. I thought every kid should have built one model. That was 5 years ago. I spoke to my brother on a recent cycling trip together and he told me it was still int eh cupboard. My nephew is all about XBox, PS4, his iPad...it's all technology. As quaint an idea as I thought that was, it seems it was a daft one.

Anyway - I never really cared for those preset versions of Lego. Cheatin' if you ask me. You haven't built a Lego SR-71 until you've built it using the original blocks provided in a standard Lego set AND it looks nothing all like an SR-71  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath