"Feeling Old" 2015 Edition

Started by bayonetbrant, January 15, 2015, 02:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

I get to order my son's Senior Class ring today. Ugh.

Wes

Quote from: mirth on October 19, 2015, 02:54:47 PM
30 years of NES

http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/18/happy-birthday-the-nes-is-30-years-old-today/

Hell yeah.

Of all the knock down drag outs I experienced working in the videogame world there was always unity on one thing...the NES is the greatest system ever. Hell, it saved the industry.

So all you fellas who enjoy street by street fighting on your console and maybe even the ones who enjoy the strategy games on your computer, remember to tip your hat to a little Italian plumber.

Current inventory: 2 top loaders, 3 front loaders
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."  - Frank Herbert

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

Helping-out with Trick or Treats and seeing all the candy and young girls in their skimpy Halloween outfits---- and then realizing I can't handle either one anymore.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Greybriar

After reading all the recommendations about what to do on Halloween, I ordered Alien Quadrilogy. It arrived a week or so later and I was satisfied that I had my entertainment for Halloween evening all lined up.

Today I realized I had forgotten to watch the Alien movies I had purchased. Now I am wondering whether to watch them now or take a chance on forgetting them again next year.  :-\
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

BanzaiCat

Why, watch them now of course! ;)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

Thanks, Gus. It's nice to know that someone appreciated my attempt at humor.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.